Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Day 2 Results/Discussion

Default Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Day 2 Results/Discussion

I've got Gillespie apologizing for taking Evans down and retro-actively forfeiting to Evans.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think Realistically, storley has a good shot, and Sanders and Nelson should win comfortably. Anything more then that is going to be overperforming

I'm hoping for a ness upset though!
    Gold is an idiot.

when i was filling out my brackets, i thought long and hard about the parks vs ness match. I might have pulled a homer pick but i am hoping ness can pull a big move and get the upset!

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherfan View Post
    when i was filling out my brackets, i thought long and hard about the parks vs ness match. I might have pulled a homer pick but i am hoping ness can pull a big move and get the upset!
    He almost did that in the dual! The quarters are going to be tough with all teams having tough match-ups (as to be expected). With so many upsets so far I don't expect things to go as planned. Ok St and Cornell have some very tough guys but not enough of them to really be in the running (barring a collapse of PSU-Minn-Iowa). But any of the latter 3 could still win if they get (or stay) hot. Minnesota has really done a good job so far! These quarters are critical because they guarantee AA. With so many upsets there are a lot of dangerous guys in the consy's and a quarterfinal loss could translate to no AA.

I think little Dardanes beating Steiber is more likely than Ness beating Parks. After all, Ness started the last match against Parks with a 5 point move and couldn't hang on to beat him.

That had a little something to do w Parks. In order of certainty for today I like Nelson, Sanders, Storley, Ness, C Dardanes, Steinhaus, N Dardanes, S. Yohn.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

In likelihood, I've got it: Sanders, Nelson, Storely, CD, Ness, Yohn, ND, Steinhaus

I love Steinhaus to death, and feel he can beat anyone in that bracket EXCEPT Bosak. Bosak just seems to own Steinhaus. I hope Steiny proves me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Yes, unfortunately it looks to be a tough day for the gophers tomorrow. Quick glance 2 or maybe 3 without some upsets. I'd love to see Dardanes beat Steiber, that would be awesome!
    You speak blasphemy!!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Yes, I know. Ever since I saw the movie about Ohio wrestlers parents holding them back for no reason just so that they were older and stronger than their "peers" it gave me a bad taste in my mouth about the Steibers. How old are those "freshmen"! DC