Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Penn St get all 10?

Default Will Penn St get all 10?

Bryan Pearsall is the only wrestler who didn't qualify through B1G's, do you think he'll get an at large bid?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Will Penn St get all 10?

I sure hope so. I think he's deserving. But I don't think he's going to get it from a 7th placing. But, I'm still hoping. His pinning ability could give PSU some valuable points somewhere along the line.

I'd bet that if he'd wrestled a full season he'd be in fairly safely. He's #32 in the most recent RPI I could find. I just hope he gets in because I think he's a very hard worker and a good kid. I don't think he'd enhance PSU's title chances that much, I just want him to get to experience nationals...

I think there's a good chance, actually. He went 3-2 in B1G, with losses to ##1 and 9 in the country.

Henderson, Goettl, Smith also all have a shot & I am sure a few other 141s who didn't AQ. I would put BP's chances as 50/50 as he is only a Bronze qualifier & not a Gold or Silver.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Henderson didn't get in. His record is something like 27-11 and he has wins over H. Stieber, Sueflohn, and Nevinger. Goettl has been completely unremarkable outside of his 1 miracle win over Maple (which is one more miracle win than Pearsall has...) He has a win over Nevinger too. Smith has a nice record, but no marquee wins. After looking at a bunch of 41ers, I think unfortunately that Pearsall is a longshot.

Still can't believe that Martellotti gets in at 8-9 but that's not his fault.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Looks like the answer to that question is officially "no". ACC got 4 entries out of 6 teams.
    Last edited by Stardust; 03-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Looks like the answer to that question is officially "no". ACC got 4 entries out of 6 teams.
    5. They had 4 AQs already, and Henderson got an at-large.

oops, sorry Gofer, I accidentally clicked on "Edit post" and put my response in your post.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference