Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
Discuss ACC Championship Thread at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Stardust possible wildcards??? 149 - Gus Sako (UVA) - #1 seed, finished ...

Default Re: ACC Championship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    possible wildcards???

149 - Gus Sako (UVA) - #1 seed, finished 3rd
    157 - Jedd Moore (UVA) - #2 seed, DNP
    184 - Diego Bencomo (Duke)
    197 - Zac Bennett (UNC) - last year's ACC champ, missed first half of season due to injury, 197 only had 1 spot
    Stardust,
    Do you think 133 Brandon Gambucci (Duke) has a chance at a wildcard? he is 23 -11 with 2 of those loses as Medical Forfeits.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Stardust,
    Do you think 133 Brandon Gambucci (Duke) has a chance at a wildcard? he is 23 -11 with 2 of those loses as Medical Forfeits.
    it's just so hard to guess, and with only 4 at-large spots at each weight class, I guess it really depends on all the other conferences and what kind of upsets there were.

For example, last year I really thought Thomas Ferguson from UNC was "deserving" of a spot, but there were too many others in his weight class that were also "deserving"

I also think Evan Henderson from UNC should be eligible for one, he was 27-9 coming into ACCs, wrestling a pretty tough schedule, but had a rough day yesterday and went 0-2. I don't know how much performance in the qualifier weighs vs the performance of the entire season when the committee is making their decisions.

I listed those 4 possibilities as the ones that I would predict have the best chance, but you just never know...
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

141 lbs final: Nelson vs Little. Great match. and not just cause I'm hovering around there in the background

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...us-Little-NCSU

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

149 lbs semifinal Nereim vs Sako.... definitely worth a minute of your time

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...tt-Nereim-NCSU

With the impending moves of West Virginia to the Big 12 and Pitt to the Atlantic Coast Conference, Flynn doesn't want to see his Fighting Scots without a home. He also doesn't want to see the EWL, a quirky, relic of a conference that pits Division II schools against BCS behemoths, dissolve.

Read more: EWL grapples with uncertain future - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review EWL grapples with uncertain future - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    WTH WVa would want to join a conference 1,000+ miles from home seems silly to me - Y not both toi the ACC?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    WTH WVa would want to join a conference 1,000+ miles from home seems silly to me - Y not both toi the ACC?
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    They tried. ACC turned them down.

You probably cast the deciding vote, MEANIE ! what has West virginia ever done to you ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

user tags