Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Coach of the Year?

Default Early Coach of the Year?

Branch-Wyoming?
    Heffernan-Illinois?

Tough call, I like Branch. Built some nice balance in that line-up and seems to really be able to bring wrestlers to the next level.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Early Coach of the Year?

Mark Perry.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think your copy/paste function is broken on your keypad. It keeps responding "Mark Perry".
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

haha I'd say the Illinois coaching STAFF.

If Branch can get Wyoming into the Top 10 at NCAA's probably him.

Although I wouldn't underestimate Cael as a choice if PSU absolutely romps at NCAA's.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I want to throw up in my mouth when I hear you say that but I'm afraid it's actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If Branch can get Wyoming into the Top 10 at NCAA's probably him.

Although I wouldn't underestimate Cael as a choice if PSU absolutely romps at NCAA's.
    I could get with Cael getting it. I seem to always be disappointed with their choices for coach of the year though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I puke a little every time I hear about Mark Perry and his performance as a coach.

I'd put J Rob up there for consideration. His team got the win over PSU early in the year and then duals late in the season. Not bad at all, though the team performance against Cornell right before PSU hurts his case.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I want to throw up in my mouth when I hear you say that but I'm afraid it's actually true.
    I can't imagine why.

If he wins his second consecutive National title in a dominating fashion it'd be hard to make the argument that there is a coach in the country who did a better job than he did.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12