Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upset of the Year?

Default Re: Upset of the Year?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes2 View Post

... logan's loss wasn't that shocking since he'd been beaten pretty good a few times in his career.
    Care to mention who beat Logan pretty good in his career?

I don't care enough about Logan Steiber to look it up...it's not as if he's had 50 college matches to base it off of though. Maybe "beaten pretty good" wasn't the correct term maybe I should have said Logan Steiber hasn't done much of anything (due to injury and youth) in collegiate folk style wrestling to date so his upset isn't as surprising to some as it is to others considering theres three defending national champions who have been upset this season.

I don't care enough about Logan Steiber to look it up...it's not as if he's had 50 college matches to base it off of though. Maybe "beaten pretty good" wasn't the correct term maybe I should have said Logan Steiber hasn't done much of anything (due to injury and youth) in collegiate folk style wrestling to date so his upset isn't as surprising to some as it is to others considering theres three defending national champions who have been upset this season.
    I think you are confusing the brothers. Logan has lost once and that was to Jordan Oliver. Hunter is the one who upset Russell and has been beaten pretty good by others.

Just remembered Logan lost to Dardenes too. But I still think you're confusing the two. Hunter's upset was huge because he's been beaten pretty good in his career.

I think no you're confused, LOL. I meant in my original post that Logans upset wasn't that HUGE compared to Oliver losing or Russell getting beat by Hunter. In my post replying to you asking about who had beaten Logan I was saying due to his injuries and his youth he doesn't have many matches and he doesn't have a national championship or all american on his back so his upset loss wasn't nearly as big as his brothers upset win over Russell or Olivers upset loss.

Okay. I must have read your response to Snackem wrong. My bad. BTW- if at any point you were referring to my post that Oliver beating Stieber was an upset, I was kidding. Although, I will still bet on Stieber in the rematch!!

I picked up on your joke since I remember you picking Steiber to be the Hodge winner or Ncaa champ and Ow or something pretty crazy like that...

I picked up on your joke since I remember you picking Steiber to be the Hodge winner or Ncaa champ and Ow or something pretty crazy like that...
    You should have left out the "or" in your post. I'm pretty sure at one time I picked him to be all three. I even have a beer bet with kr that he finishes higher than Ed Ruth. I still pick him as champ and higher than Ruth, but I think I missed the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Goettl over Maple
    I'd forgotten about this one. Like vais says, this one is probably it.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I think in the moment yes. Not to mention I forgot that Cooper was actually an All-American last year. He is all over the board from a consistency standpoint.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."