Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: National Duals Piscataway Regional Results/Discussion

Default Re: National Duals Piscataway Regional Results/Discussion

Gophers are up 20-3 in the final with Steinhaus out on the mat at 184.

125: Sanders dec Waters 8-6
    133: Dardanes major McCormick 15-5
    141: Dardanes major Wiest 15-7
    149: Ness dec Bradley 8-6
    157: Houdashelt dec Zilverburg 6-4
    165: Yohn dec Toal 6-3
    174: Storley dec Henderson 2-0

Looks like a good day for Cody Yohn. He dominated Toal in their match.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Steinhaus wins 6-0 at 184, Haynes comes back with the impressive win over Yohn at 197 picking up a couple of turns and winning 10-0.

23-7 Minnesota going into heavy.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Haynes is literally bi polar. Loses to kissel and meeks, then does this to yohn, plus his tech of powless.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

He's wrestled pretty well since his awful start where he lost to Kissel, Meeks, and Witt all in like the first month(only loss since then was to Honeycutt). Second win this year over Yohn

Nelson wins 4-1, Gophers win 26-7 to head on to the Final Four next weekend.

Couple really nice wins for Sanders and a nice job by the young guys down low. Certainly won't complain about taking 17 of 18 non-157 matches on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

Couple really nice wins for Sanders and a nice job by the young guys down low. Certainly won't complain about taking 17 of 18 non-157 matches on the day.
    Gophers are so cute, they actually think they can win this tournament.

I'll sig bet on it?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I'll sig bet on it?
    That they win it all? Sure. 2 weeks if anyone but the gophers wins nat duals. If gophers win, you get mine for 2.

Dardanes sounded like they wrestled really well today. No one will have a tougher day than Zach Sanders in the Regionals. The Yohns mystify me. It's almost like its impossible for them to both wrestle on the same day? Storley moving up to #4 on Intermat this week perhaps with loss by Des Roches? After just this regional I have to say that this should be a one weekend event with top 16. I don't want to wait til next week to see how this plays out.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."