Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cael, Penn State Take Unfair Criticism for Decision (from InterMat, Andrew Hipps)

Default Re: Cael, Penn State Take Unfair Criticism for Decision (from InterMat, Andrew Hipps)

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I'd hate to embarrass the "Motor City Bowl" with 3 times the attendance at National Duals as a football bowl. That wouldn't be nice.
    It would be at the majors not any of the minors.

Default Re: Cael, Penn State Take Unfair Criticism for Decision (from InterMat, Andrew Hipps)

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    If you are at the Fiesta Bowl & Iowa is playing Oklahoma State it might be more appealing then it seems in the narrow example you give.
    Iowa playing Oklahoma State at the Fiesta Bowl is not a narrow example?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

It's an example. You can provide a list of reasons of why it's not workable or crappy just b/c of who I am, I understand. On the PSU boards a few people thought it was a good idea.

You know what? That people are bringing ideas to the table can only be a good thing. They can't all be home runs.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    It's an example. You can provide a list of reasons of why it's not workable or crappy just b/c of who I am, I understand. On the PSU boards a few people thought it was a good idea.
    I didnt say it was a bad idea because of who you are. I listed why I thought it was a bad idea. If you don't want feedback, don't ask for it.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I am all for keeping the NCAA out of this. They are nothing but a hinderance to college sports and athletes. So, I suggest they hold this tournament at an off campus facility. Preferably a facility with comfortable seats and many restrooms. Allow fans to bring their own food and drinks, except for alcohol. Sell beer at a reasonable price. Have booths throughout the venue promoting each team for fans to get their wrestling gear (hats, t-shirts....) Make sure all teams and coaches participate in a fan appreciation type thing. Maybe where you can get autographs or have a picture taken with the entire team with you in it. The ideas are endless there. Heck, I'd even throw in an entertaining seminar during the "fan day" where wrestlers and/or coaches explain the rules and scoring system of wrestling to girlfriends/wives who didn't really want to make the trip. Make darn sure it's entertaining while also informative and give away a free t-shirt to those who attend, so they feel like part of the event instead of rolling their eyes and complaining the entire weekend. I've never met a person who didn't like wrestling once they understand the rules and scoring, it's a no-brainer. Every school would benefit in future attendance. Since it's not affiliated with the NCAA, the wins and losses aren't counted on the official records so maybe wrestlers go harder and try moves they normally wouldn't. Make it all happen in one weekend and make sure I'm flown out with free tickets and accomodations (it was my idea after all).

Stay thirsty my friend.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Stay thirsty my friend.
    Looks like I may have sold at least one ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I didnt say it was a bad idea because of who you are. I listed why I thought it was a bad idea. If you don't want feedback, don't ask for it.
    Guess I didn't see it as feedback unless it is the sort of feedback you get from holding your Gibson too close to your Marshall.