Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepare for the 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Contest!!

Default Re: Prepare for the 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Contest!!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthesituation View Post
    sure.. I'll give it a shot.
    I'm waiting!

I'm in ... didn't have much luck at football picks this year, why not try something I know better

I'm not sure what I'm in for, but I'm in! DC

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'm in. I intend to lose gracefully.

More importantly, what the hell did Ban do to earn persona non grata status?
    In brief, I got way too drunk for my own good one night and a post came through about Hudson Taylor being an advocate for gay rights and not creating hostile environments for them. I used some "unsavory language" in expressing my support for him, and drew an assumption that the wrestling community would not support him. I actually never argued with anyone about it, but I just was a bit "strong" in my language.

It led to me being banned from the Politics and Non-Wrestling forums, as well as not being able to send or reply to PM's, which has been a pain in the butt, as I often get people who PM me with questions and I can't reply to them.

I would say, though, and in my defense, that I don't believe that I'm any "worse" on the political forum than others whom I've debated with. I won't call names, degrade anyone, or threaten anyone. And, after all, it does take two to tango, and I think that some people get their kicks out of pushing my buttons, which also falls on that party as well.

Either way, I know that it's a pipe dream that I will be given those privileges back to post on the other forums, but I would like to have the PM privilege back.

For the record: I try to stay off the forums at all costs when I've been "partaking." Not a good recipe for me!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Hey Ban, you were able to PM me about Jeremy Johnson since your troubles. It just said it was an unapproved visitor message, but it went through. Have you tried anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Hey Ban, you were able to PM me about Jeremy Johnson since your troubles. It just said it was an unapproved visitor message, but it went through. Have you tried anyone else?
    The best that I can determine, it was March 2011 when I lost those privileges.

I possibly posted on your message board (or whatever they call it), but definitely not through a PM. I just went through my folders and nothing in PM folders about Jeremy Johnson. I remember talking with you about it through PM, but it must have been on another site. Nothing on here that I can find.

Quinn,

Just found it: it's the visitor message board. I apparently can still use that to reply to, but not through PM (which I'd still like to be able to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm in for, but I'm in! DC
    Daisy, not to get in a long conversation about it. But, it is a Pickem contest where you choose the top 8 finishers in each weight class for the NCAA DI Championships. I will post all of the details later along with the rules.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I think I'll just create another post to hopefully get the attention of the "powers that be."

Could I have my privilege to receive and send PM's reinstated to be able to enter this contest? I promise that I'll be good.
    If your ban is not lifted, I will just PM you my email address. Then you can email me so I have your email address.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...