Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Altons or Stiebers?

Default Altons or Stiebers?

It is early for both sets of brothers, but they all were very highly ranked coming out of high school. Which set of brothers do you think will have the better combined college careers?

Default Re: Altons or Stiebers?

At this VERY early point in their careers, I'd have to go with the Stiebers. Hunters win over Russell is easily the most impressive win amongst the 4. I think both sets will probably win national titles.

Stibers, for sure, although its an interesting topic.

Logan already looks out of this world and has some serious credentials in FS, and Hunter just beat the defending champ. Both Altons have looked good and will likely be multiple time AAs, but I dont think they'll go as far, nor sucueed as fast as the stieber brothers.
    Gold is an idiot.

Going along with what everyone else is saying. The Stiebers definitely have it so far. The Altons have a real up side, but they've got to get better on that mat to take it to the top level in college wrestling. I believe they can do it, but they're not there yet.

Hard to make a case for the Alton's at this point.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think right now you have to favor the Stiebers. If you were to rank the four guys out in my mind it would probably look something like this...

1. Logan
    2. Andrew
    3. Hunter: Great win over Russell this weekend, but he's got losses already this year including one by fall to another true freshman.
    4. Dylan
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Well, if you rank careers so far, as many have mentioned, don't you have to take Andrew Alton's as being the best? Dylan Alton has a solid RS year and the Stiebers have a couple wins and a broken wrist???
    If I had to choose careers so far, I'll take the only one who made the round of 12. But that wasn't the question...

If we're going to talk totality of careers then we'd have to ask the question are you limiting the discussion to strictly collegiate folkstyle, if we bring freestyle into the equation that pushes Logan back up over the top.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Ballwegs
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09