Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wisconsin vs. Iowa Discussion/Results

Default Re: Wisconsin vs. Iowa Discussion/Results

184, Keddy throws Wiscy guy to his back.

9-1 Keddy at the end of 2.

Keddy wins 17-4. 21-9. Wiscy needs two pins to win.
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; 01-23-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Herbst beats Beatty 2-1. 21-12 Iowa

Erekson weighed in at 247 today which is apparently the heaviest he's weighed in at yet. He's tied 2-2 with Massey after 2.

Erekson knocks off Massey 3-2. Final score 24-12 Iowa.

The whole incident after Howe/ M* was pretty hilarious. Barry was going nuts and the Brands were actually half way calm. Then when Gable went over to talk to Barry the place lit up. I think Gable said something to the effect "You're my boy and I put you over my knee and spank your behind if you don't behave!" (I'm joking of course) The announcer even asked over the PA if "The Wisconsin coach would please return to his corner and please stay there." No joke! It was a riot. It took them forever to figure out the score, but I knew Howe had a hair more of riding time. Neither guy deserved to have their hand raised as they both stunk the place up. Horrible, horrible wrestling on both their parts. Wisconsin put up a good fight. Barry Davis is my all time favorite Iowa wrestler and after tonight I love him even more. He was lit up the whole meet and it was great.

It was fun to watch... Davis was fired up all night... the Brands brothers may have been a bit calm... but they were feeding the frenzy with various hand jestures. They didn't argue the issue too much... they knew they didn't have much of a case in this situation... had they thought differently they would have been as animated as Davis.

149... Metcalf got a bit of a scare... put to his back but managed to roll through.

Here's a little info on the Howe/ M* match:
    http://www.kcrg.com/sports/38258629.html?video=YHI&t=a

Massey has been a huge disappointment, for someone that big to not know how to push and control ties is ridiculous. Hwt this year is the weakest I can ever remember of the 10 weights it is by far the weakest

It sounds like a very mixed dual for Wisconsin; the Tanelli, Howe, and Jordan wins are huge, but the Ruschell pin and Massey's loss have to be downers...