Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach Zalesky & Oregon State?

Default Coach Zalesky & Oregon State?

How are the guys doing under Coach Zalesky? Will we be seeing them beating Boise State and Arizona State on a consistent basis and then making waves at Nationals any time soon?

Default re: Coach Zalesky & Oregon State?

Snackem would be the guy to ask-he is an ardent fan of the beavers !i think they will field a really good team this season not great-but solid all through the line up . IF Lara can make weight at 125 they will be really tough.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

zzyzx-I assume you mean Oregon State. Pat Kilkenny pi$$ed off a lot of people when he dropped Oregon's program after the 2007-2008 season, to the point where he's on a short list with Trev "I cut my three-time defending national championship program" Alberts and Thomas "Wrestlers are bad people" Boeh of "least popular people among wrestling fans".

They've already been beating ASU pretty consistently save NCAA's.

Boise is going to be pretty down compared to last year and now is the time for Oregon St. to beat them if they're going to.

OSU is better at 25,33,41,97 and hvy almost without question. The other weights I'm not terribly sure but Boise doesn't have many studs aside from Chamberlain.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Oregon State has no doubt improved under Zalesky, they haven't had a "breakout" wrestler yet but top to bottom they keep on fielding tough teams and are recruiting very well on the West Coast.

First off it's OSU, Oregon State, The Beavers, or some combination. Please don't call them Oregon, it makes Oregon State fans feel dirty to be called Oregon. OSU has been beating ASU the past couple of years (though ASU has been outperforming OSU in March). I think that with the new class of recruits OSU is making good strides. They are getting several good recruits in the room for 165-285. With Swartzlander, Fortune, Jack, Cardwell, Meeks, and Hanke to name a few they are starting to build depth which is always good to see. I think that OSU beats BSU in both duals this year and that they finish ahead of them come conference time and NCAAs.

In the long run I look for Z to eventually get the Beavers in the title hunt. It will take some more time to build up more depth in the room but they are moving in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

OSU Beavers, Rutgers and Va Tech seem to be teams that field solid dual meet teams with good guys at most of the weights, but haven't been able to do so much at the NCAA's. They all seem to continue to be getting good recruits. Maybe this will be a break-out year for these schools at the NCAA's!

I don't know for sure because I have not looked but I'm guessing that the only reason Rutgers has a good dual record is because they don't wrestle anyone good. They have a couple of good wrestlers but I don't think they have a very tough schedule at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didnt look it up.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I don't know for sure because I have not looked but I'm guessing that the only reason Rutgers has a good dual record is because they don't wrestle anyone good. They have a couple of good wrestlers but I don't think they have a very tough schedule at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didnt look it up.
    Rutgers beat VT. VT beat Okey St. Okey st. tied Iowa. Iowa beat PSU. Rutgers is the best.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.