Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 65

Thread: So...Penn State...

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default So...Penn State...

    Permanent Suspensions for Everybody!
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  2. #2

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    I am sure PSU will do the right thing. Permanent suspensions..........lifted at Big 10s, just in time for Nationals. It's all about the kids, you know.

  3. #3
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,012

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    The coaches at Penn State know what the words "permanent" and "indefinite" mean.

  4. #4

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    The coaches at Penn State know what the words "permanent" and "indefinite" mean.
    Just so you know. It's the administration at Iowa that used the term permanent suspension not the coaches. I think the Brands' were always open to letting Marion back on the team if he followed through with their super secret stipulations for redemption.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #5
    NCAA Champ BlueBloodLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The same planet as you
    Posts
    1,012

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    That is good to know. Still strange that "permanent suspension" was the official announcement when it seems that was not the intent, but I would prefer to think of the ass. A.D. as the DA who screwed it up.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    That is good to know. Still strange that "permanent suspension" was the official announcement when it seems that was not the intent, but I would prefer to think of the ass. A.D. as the DA who screwed it up.
    In light of recent events, it is HILARIOUS for Penn State fans to mock the Iowa coaching staff for anything related to disciplinary issues.

    And maybe Cael and Co. understand the definition of those words, but they sure didn't care to enforce the suspension that Long was under at ISU when he transferred over and was immediately back on the mat.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #7
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    Zapp, you brought the mockery on by starting this trolling thread. You are the culprit and troll here, not PSU fans.

    Has anyone from PSU's athletic program said anything about a permanent suspension at this point? Even if they have, your point won't be valid until PSU later reneges on their announcement and lets the wrestlers back on the team. At this point, neither of these things have happened (to my knowledge), so this discussion is waaaaaay premature. But such is the nature of trolling.



    Now, I'll agree that PSU looked pretty stupid/pathetic for picking Long up off ISU's suspension waiver wire, but that's not directly analogous to what Iowa did. PSU didn't suspend him after the 2010 season, so they weren't going back on their own announcement by letting him wrestle. But that news is 8 months old at this point.


  8. #8
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Zapp, you brought the mockery on by starting this trolling thread. You are the culprit and troll here, not PSU fans.

    Has anyone from PSU's athletic program said anything about a permanent suspension at this point? Even if they have, your point won't be valid until PSU later reneges on their announcement and lets the wrestlers back on the team. At this point, neither of these things have happened (to my knowledge), so this discussion is waaaaaay premature. But such is the nature of trolling.



    Now, I'll agree that PSU looked pretty stupid/pathetic for picking Long up off ISU's suspension waiver wire, but that's not directly analogous to what Iowa did. PSU didn't suspend him after the 2010 season, so they weren't going back on their own announcement by letting him wrestle. But that news is 8 months old at this point.
    I didn't start a trolling thread, I started a joke thread, which is pretty clear since half the joke is at Iowa's expense. There's a pretty big difference.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  9. #9

    Default Re: So...Penn State...

    It's pretty obvious that this is a rough time for PSU wrestling fans. So many negative things have happened in a short period of time. We're certainly licking our wounds. We still don't have all of the information and it will take time for it all to get sorted out. PSU has historically stood for quality athletics but also character. I trust that Cael and the PSU coaching staff will do the right thing. The PSU fans expect that. Winning is great, but it isn't everything. Dealing with mistakes and character issues is even more important for the future of these kids' lives. I hope that no matter what team struggles with their wrestlers' issues we will all hope and pray that they can sort their lives out. A very famous book says, "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles do not let your heart rejoice." Good advice for all of us!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •