Thread: TV Time Outs

Default TV Time Outs

Maybe I'm just too thick skulled to get why they were doing tv time outs for the national duals, but if the event was to be rebroadcast for later and not shown live, couldn't they have just inserted the commercials later while editing and not take the long breaks in between?

Anyone know why this was done?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Default Re: TV Time Outs

Usually when they are taking the time outs for the wrestling the following things are happening: tv intros to the wrestlers are being added in, the commentators are giving some information. Either way they are fully producing the show at that time.

If you ever get to see the monitors while they are taking those time outs you will see clips and ads rolling.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Thanks Fan

I was wondering the same thing when I went to the All-Star. We all knew that it wasn't being shown for nearly a week, so it seemed like a waste of time to have such a huge gap between each and every match.

They significantly cut down the amount of time between the matches from the All-Star to the National Duals.

This could still be edited and done later though, right?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Ban - honestly I am not sure. I know they need the time and going right from one weight to the other does not work.

Post match commentary, perhaps? You would not have the broadcast team in studio during the editing process to comment on what they just saw. I believe that one year IPTV, in an effort to save money, didn't send the broadcast team to a couple of meets that were going to be tape delayed. They videotaped the meets, and then overdubbed Johnson, Gable and Gibbons calling the matches as they watched the tape. It lacked their usual enthusiasm.