Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Bailey

Default Dallas Bailey

Charged with aggravated DUI. As far as I know he has not been in trouble in the past.

Oklahoma State athlete charged with aggravated DUI ? Crime Beat ? Stillwater NewsPress
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Default Re: Dallas Bailey

Wow, he was over 1.5? No offense to my Okies, but throw the book at him.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Zapp, its .15. Thats just under twice the legal limit in Iowa. Don't know what it is in OK.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I think the limit is now .08 everywhere, I think I just read that somewhere (WSJ maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Zapp, its .15. Thats just under twice the legal limit in Iowa. Don't know what it is in OK.
    *Hangs head in shame...*

Ironically, I read this post after a few beers, to which I now conveniently shall attribute my error.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Flop,
    Here is the law in indiana and for MOST of the US

Driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants is a criminal violation in the State of Indiana. A first DUI offense is a Class C Misdemeanor with a possible jail time not to exceed one year. Indiana's DUI laws uses the nationwide standard of a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08 percent or more to measure whether a driver is impaired. Indiana imposes a stricter standard for drivers under the age of 21 and commercial vehicle drivers. "Other intoxicants" include illegal substances such as marijuana, cocaine or methamphetamine.
    If you are convicted of a first DUI offense in Indiana, you will fees of $300 or more and may be fined up to $5,000. In addition to the aforementioned jail time, your drivers license will be suspended for a minimum of 30 days which will be followed by a probationary period during which you may be allowed to drive only to work and back. You may also be placed on probation and may be required to participate in a substance abuse course at your own expense. The court may order the installation of an ignition interlock device on your car, mandatory attendance at a victim's impact panel as well as submission to subsequent chemical testing for drug and alcohol abuse.
    It is very difficult to refute testing whose results show that you were over the limit. However, defenses often used in these cases include the following:
    I did not post the defenses as I have NEVER seen anyone beat a DUI in Indiana-I've been in courtrooms (as an advocate) and watched nurses,Dr.s and teachers tear up their liscences too many times to believe a defense may be mounted successfully .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

It's .08 in VA as well.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Permanent suspension time?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Uh oh... Oklahoma beer is merely 3.2%, he must've had a lot.