Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jensens at National Duals

Default Jensens at National Duals

Our boy did us "absolutely" proud and "gave a good account of himself" at the National Duals.

I for one know that I have paid to hear announcing in the past that wasn't as good as his and his cohorts during the Boise-Penn State dual.

I would tell him not to quit his day job though as I am not sure announcing pays that well.

Great job Shane.

C.J. "Boots In" Turner
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Jensens at National Duals

I appreciate it buddy, as well as the praise from the other thread.

I was generally just trying to make note of things during matches that I want announcers to talk about when I'm listening to a broadcast.

Save for a few gaffes that I've already mentioned I'm generally very satisfied with how I did.

I am sure there were nights when you were spending time adding up points on here or baby sitting us on here or putting out fires here where you have thought, "how much am I getting paid to do this"? Now I think its pretty clear just how much you have learned by keeping current on everything via the Fantasy Wrestling Leagues and contributing to blogs and analyzing match-ups, teams, recruits etc just how much your knowledge of the sport has grown. It was obvious to me that you felt pretty comfortable behind the mike and that your co-hort was impressed with your recall on Midlands Results etc.

I badly wanted you to get the Ohio State-Minnesota match-up just to see how hard you would have to fight to be impartial.

Did you really say "shit" on the mike? LOL.

/
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I did Minnesota's matches against Buffalo (this one included one my major gaffes) and Penn State. I'd have liked to do their match against Ohio State since I know both teams pretty well and got to see both teams twice on day 1.

Yes, I did say shit and it apparently was picked up by the microphone. I thought Cody Gardner's shoulder was hurt badly, it appeared immediately like he may have popped it out (something looked like it was protruding) but he apparently didn't as he managed to get up and continue the match and then wrestle several others.

Just kind of slipped out (that may be what she said).

Although as average as Gardner wrestled all weekend, maybe it was hurt worse then he let on? That would be the only excuse I would think he could use for his performance.

LOL..."that's what she said."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Although as average as Gardner wrestled all weekend, maybe it was hurt worse then he let on? That would be the only excuse I would think he could use for his performance.

LOL..."that's what she said."
    THat or maybe he just doesnt care anymore...
    he's already quit once, and in the matches I watched it looked like he didnt even want to be out there
    Gold is an idiot.

That's pretty sad if its true since he is most likely keeping a scholarship from someone who might actually WANT to be there. I hope that's not the case and if it is, I just hope he does what he needs to do for himself.

I think more announcers should say shit, I say shit all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    THat or maybe he just doesnt care anymore...
    he's already quit once, and in the matches I watched it looked like he didnt even want to be out there
    Sorry to continue the hijack, but that was the impression I got from the matches I was able to watch. He just didn't seem to want to battle for each point.