Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: University of Iowa Wrestling Line-up

Default University of Iowa Wrestling Line-up

My best guess of course.

125 Falck

133 Slaton and Dennis will probably both see mat time Slaton is the front runner

141 Tsirtsis with Leclere possibly seeing a few varsity matches

149 Metcalf

157 Mornigstar

165 Perry

174 Chad Beatty

184 Keddy with Borschel possibly moving up to take the spot

197 Mehmen or Lofthouse

285 Fields

Default Re: University of Iowa Wrestling Line-up

Hey Wiltz, what are your expectations for 33? Too bad Leclere couldn't make 33.
    Also could Marion be in the mix ?
    Last edited by Trusty; 10-03-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    My best guess of course.

125 Falck

133 Slaton and Dennis will probably both see mat time Slaton is the front runner

141 Tsirtsis with Leclere possibly seeing a few varsity matches

149 Metcalf

157 Mornigstar

165 Perry

174 Chad Beatty

184 Keddy with Borschel possibly moving up to take the spot

197 Mehmen or Lofthouse

285 Fields

That's pretty much what I got in my head too, but I think 174 and 184 will be a little more fuzzy than that. 174 has Beatty, Borschell and Kerr. All of which, are very tough and would be geat to have on the varsity line up. I wouldn't give the spot to Beatty just yet, although it may very well be him that wrestles it. 174-184 will come right down to the wire.

I think Tsirtsis will beat LeClere this year, but that's only if Tsirtsis shows up to wrestle. I hope that if Tsirtsis comes into the practice room ready to go and ready to wrestle this year, that he gets the spot, and has a tremendous season. If he's coming into the practice room not wanting to be there and ready to get drunk more often, then give the spot to LeClere. I sure hope to see the first of the two. Tsirtsis has the capability of beating anyone at 141.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"

Apparently Marion is quick but, he stinks on the bottom. Dennis could be the most improved wrestler on the team however Slaton is just a bull he is so strong that he gets the better of Dennis. Dennis has adopted the philosophy the more I'm in on our legs the less your in on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythompsonnum1 View Post
    That's pretty much what I got in my head too, but I think 174 and 184 will be a little more fuzzy than that. 174 has Beatty, Borschell and Kerr. All of which, are very tough and would be geat to have on the varsity line up. I wouldn't give the spot to Beatty just yet, although it may very well be him that wrestles it. 174-184 will come right down to the wire.

I think Tsirtsis will beat LeClere this year, but that's only if Tsirtsis shows up to wrestle. I hope that if Tsirtsis comes into the practice room ready to go and ready to wrestle this year, that he gets the spot, and has a tremendous season. If he's coming into the practice room not wanting to be there and ready to get drunk more often, then give the spot to LeClere. I sure hope to see the first of the two. Tsirtsis has the capability of beating anyone at 141.

Apparently Alex has devoloped a little mean streak. IMO, he needed that to get too the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Apparently Alex has devoloped a little mean streak. IMO, he needed that to get too the next level.
    Tom Brands doesn't have any other streaks but mean does he? With Mike Zadick and Jessman Smith, in the room as well, I don't see how anyone on the Iowa team could go out and wrestle without a mean streak.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"

I felt like Tsirtsis was one of the few guys on the team last year who had really embraced the Brands "Iowa" style, his problem was he would just do dumb stuff all the time and get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythompsonnum1 View Post
    Tom Brands doesn't have any other streaks but mean does he? With Mike Zadick and Jessman Smith, in the room as well, I don't see how anyone on the Iowa team could go out and wrestle without a mean streak.

Jessman Smith in the room????

We keep mentioning Beatty, but, I keep reading about post-concussion syndrome and I'm not sure how you project him, long-term, as a factor.