Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: RIP Jacob Schlottke

Default Re: RIP Jacob Schlottke

I was glad to read that Jacob knew the Lord...Nice write up by the father in law.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I was gone all weekend cooking for a Journey with Christ weekend and came back to check what has happened in the wrestling world to find that Jacob has passed away. He was one of the first people on this site that I felt like I really got to know. He answered several of my questions about technique and technology as well.

TWT and the wrestling world as a whole lost an incredible person way too soon. I look forward to getting to meet Jacob and talk some wrestling again one day in heaven.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. I can't imagine what they're going through right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I like many have been away for a while. I am saddened by the news of Jacob's passing. He helped me out alot since I have joined this site, he even offered to let me give away a gift certificate and sticky note my contest this coming season.
    Below is just another small list of his accomplishments:
    Jacob Schlottke's Overview

Current
    • Vice President at Matfish MMA Gear
    • COO at The Wrestling Talk
    • President at MatFish Wrestling Gear

• President at Pinnacle Internet Marketing

see less

Past
    • President at EyesColored Contacts

Education
    • University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Connections 190 connections
    Websites

Jacob Schlottke's Summary

10+ Years in SEO, SEM, and a variety other forms of Internet Marketing.
    Specialties

SEM, Internet Marketing, Local Internet Marketing

Jacob Schlottke's Experience

Vice President

Matfish MMA Gear

Sporting Goods industry
    June 2010 ? Present (1 year 3 months)
    Our newly launched MMA Gear web store. Carries a wide variety of MMA gloves, fight short, fight tops, and other mma equipment.

COO

The Wrestling Talk

Privately Held; Sports industry
    April 2007 ? Present (4 years 5 months)
    TWT is the nation's leading wrestling social network with over 250,000 total members.

President

MatFish Wrestling Gear

Sporting Goods industry
    January 2005 ? Present (6 years 8 months)
    An Internet retail wrestling store

President

Pinnacle Internet Marketing

Internet industry
    January 2000 ? Present (11 years 8 months)

President

EyesColored Contacts

Pharmaceuticals industry
    June 2003 ? June 2006 (3 years 1 month)
    A contact lens website that previously sold a variety of different colored contact lenses.

Jacob Schlottke's Education

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Business Marketing

2002 ? 2006

Jacob Schlottke's Additional Information

Websites:

Interests: Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, etc
    Groups and Associations:

Honors and Awards: 2002 Male Athlete of the Year - Minnesota
    2003 Rookie Affiliate of the Year - CJ
    2006 Business Week - Top 25 Entrepreneurs Under 25
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

So much talent! Jacob will undoubtedly be missed by many that knew him and many that didn't get the chance to!

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I had known that he was sick for a while, but only learned recently that things had taken a turn for the worst. He obviously played a huge part in allowing this site to get to the level that its currently at, but even more than that in the 4+ years that I interacted with him he turned into a great friend.

Will post something more substantive later tonight.

I don't think Jake really let on to anyone other than a very small number of people just how serious this was right out of the gate and how there was very little hope for a positive outcome when he was initially diagnosed.

He was such a selfless person, I don't think he wanted people to worry about him.

And for those of you who feel as though you don't or didn't know him that well as your only interaction with him may have been limited, to this board, or a few encounters, I'm guessing you knew him better than you think.

For all the posts on here where a 12 year old 7th grader asks for help or advice about wrestling, what to do to get better, or a 13 year old going into high school with some trepidation regarding joining a high school team, you would very often see but one reply, and almost always it was Jake offering genuine words of encouragement and whatever advice he could give.

That's just very much the type of person he was. He was one of the most giving and kinda people I've ever known.

And in the end Jake had a peace and dignity that very few can hope to be blessed with during such a time. Though the way he lived, I'm not sure many would find that to be very surprising.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Jacob, for all that you gave to so many.

?In everyone?s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.?
    -Albert Schweitzer

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I was glad to read that Jacob knew the Lord...Nice write up by the father in law.
    I hadn't seen all of these posts, but am encouraged to know that Jacob knew the Lord. As much as I love wrestling, our relationship with the Lord and our ultimate destiny is by far the most important thing! Glad to read that about him!

Takedowns in a Season: #1. 446 - Jacob Schlottke, Apple Valley, 2001-02

That one is going to be tough to beat.

Can't believe he's gone. He was on my friends list here.

RIP