Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota to be honored at Twins-Yankees game

Default Minnesota to be honored at Twins-Yankees game

I just saw this over on Rev, and now I'm going to the game.. going to be a cold one, but is anyone else going?

The 2007 NCAA Champion Minnesota wrestling team will show off its national championship trophy at the Twins-Yankees game on Wednesday, April 11.

The Golden Gophers will be recognized on the field during a pre-game ceremony and two-time All-American Mack Reiter will have the privilege of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:10 p.m., at the Metrodome. Select members of the team will also participate in the tradition of leading "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh-inning stretch.

The Gophers were also previously scheduled to be recognized at the State Capitol on Wednesday afternoon, but due to scheduling conflicts that appearance has been postponed to a later date to be determined.

http://revwrestling.com/articles/268...s-Yankees-game
    Last edited by Schlottke; 04-11-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    two-time All-American Mack Reiter will have the privilege of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch

http://revwrestling.com/articles/268...s-Yankees-game
    Mack's whole family will be jealous.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Pretty cool thing to be able to do. (Throw out the first pitch)

Mack hasn't played baseball since about 6th grade, lets hope it's not this bad

http://www.mypartypost.com/watchflas...or_First_Pitch
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Schlottke said I just saw this over on Rev, and now I'm going to the game.. going to be a cold one, but is anyone else going?

Isn't it always 72 in the Metrodome?

Too bad A-Rod won't be near the plate for Mack's pitch, It'd be cool to see Mack bust him inside, with backup from Cole and the other guys for the bench-clearing...

Quote Originally Posted by OldShamrock View Post
    Schlottke said I just saw this over on Rev, and now I'm going to the game.. going to be a cold one, but is anyone else going?

Isn't it always 72 in the Metrodome?

Too bad A-Rod won't be near the plate for Mack's pitch, It'd be cool to see Mack bust him inside, with backup from Cole and the other guys for the bench-clearing...
    Yeah, but tailgating isn't very fun... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I just saw this over on Rev, and now I'm going to the game.. going to be a cold one, but is anyone else going?

Are you back in MN now? What happened to living in Hawaii? I bet the weather is a lot better

Haha, I have a house just north of Minneapolis, but still have my place in Hawaii (just don't live there anymore)

Resident Geneyus
    Intersection of Headlock and Lateral Drop

I wonder if Fox sports will give them any love once the broadcast starts??
    Those of you who think you know it all really annoy those of us who actually do ;)