Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Cliff Keen National Duals Results/Discussion (Brackets Posted)

Default Re: 2009 Cliff Keen National Duals Results/Discussion (Brackets Posted)

Assuming both make it to the semis, Cornell is a real tough matchup for ISU, even if Nickerdoodles is out.
    125: Clark dec Perelli 3-0 ISU
    133: Fanthorpe dec Grey 6-0 ISU
    141: Gallick maj Manson 10-0 ISU
    149: Mueller dec Meagher 13-0 ISU
    157: Leen dec Sanderson 13-3 ISU
    165: Lewnes dec Reader 13-6 ISU
    174: Anceravage dec Burk 13-9 ISU
    184: Kerber dec Ward 13-12 ISU
    197: Varner dec Arnone 16-12 ISU
    285: Zabriskie dec Hammond 19-12 ISU

If TN is in, ISU could have a tough, tough time.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Yeah, Minnesota got as good a draw as you could have hoped for round 1. Not sure I like there chances the rest of the day however without a healthy Glasser. I thought they would get Michigan or Boise State for sure in the first round.

I think the Keddy v LeBlanc match in the first round will be interesting at 184. LeBlanc is 24-4 on the year with a couple of losses to Kirk Smith.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Thats about the only place where you could possibly find a win for Wyoming if Iowa wrestles all their guys. I still see that as a two or three point win for Keddy though.

Michael Martinez might have a shot if Brands decides to sit Falck and let him rest his ankle for the presumed match up the next round against Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    Assuming both make it to the semis, Cornell is a real tough matchup for ISU, even if Nickerdoodles is out.
    125: Clark dec Perelli 3-0 ISU
    133: Fanthorpe dec Grey 6-0 ISU
    141: Gallick maj Manson 10-0 ISU
    149: Mueller dec Meagher 13-0 ISU
    157: Leen dec Sanderson 13-3 ISU
    165: Lewnes dec Reader 13-6 ISU
    174: Anceravage dec Burk 13-9 ISU
    184: Kerber dec Ward 13-12 ISU
    197: Varner dec Arnone 16-12 ISU
    285: Zabriskie dec Hammond 19-12 ISU

If TN is in, ISU could have a tough, tough time.
    Some interesting matchups but I dont think ISU will have any problem winning this one. Even if Nickerson does wrestle I wouldnt count Clark out of that match, I mean he barely beat Haas last time he wrestled, and I would put Clark is a league above that.

Arnone as I understand it is injured and probably done for the yeaR? Simaz is no slouch though so I dont know if varner will get bonus there or not (possible).
    Gold is an idiot.

Arnone wrestled at the Scuffle.

His health, Nickerson's health, and Duke Burk's health are going to be major variables that could possibly affect the outcome of that dual.

We will see a Fay/Sponseller rematch in the first round. If Colt can stay off his back, it should be pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Arnone wrestled at the Scuffle.

His health, Nickerson's health, and Duke Burk's health are going to be major variables that could possibly affect the outcome of that dual.
    Arnone Medical forfeited out of the Scuffle, and someone posted on themat that he hurt his shoulder again and might be done for the season.

Obviously thats not gospel but considering both his track record and Cornells tendency not to wrestle guys in duals/tournies when they are even mildly hurt I would be very surprised to see him make appaerance.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    how does the #8 seed get the easiest first round matchup haha~! damn...

Hernandez should have tanelli and gallick so will most definitely be 0-2 I dont know who he'll get in the 3rd match
    Maybe they'll drop him down to Div II , he does have a 4-0 win over the kid from Wisconsin Whitewater .

Someone didn't take their "I love Andre Hernandez" pill this morning.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."