Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Caldwell Redshirting

Default Tyler Caldwell Redshirting

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/15/1892795/caldwell-will-train-with-us-team.html

Interesting little bit of information here.

Looks like Caldwell will be taking the redshirt that he still has available this next coming year in order to train freestyle with Burroughs.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Tyler Caldwell Redshirting

Great for Tyler, maybe not so much for JB. I don't see him pushing him the way he'll need to be pushed going forward and preparing for Worlds.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Preparing for Worlds I would imagine Burroughs will be spending a lot of time at the OTC and various other training spots. Between Worlds and the Olympic Trials, though, I think Caldwell will be a good training partner for him, and will be good to help him prepare for Howe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Preparing for Worlds I would imagine Burroughs will be spending a lot of time at the OTC and various other training spots. Between Worlds and the Olympic Trials, though, I think Caldwell will be a good training partner for him, and will be good to help him prepare for Howe.
    Gold I am surprised you never said how nice this will be for Taylor now that 4 of the top NCAA 165 placers won't be back next year!

An OSU poster is pretty insistent that Caldwell has not in fact enrolled at Nebraska and will be at the OTC for a year and then will decide where he is going next year.

It also appears that there is at least the appearance of impropriety about how Manning went about things with Caldwell.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Gold I am surprised you never said how nice this will be for Taylor now that 4 of the top NCAA 165 placers won't be back next year!
    Honestly I don't think it would matter. Burroughs is the only one of those four I see beating him in folkstyle, and he graduated. With an offseason to grow into 165, beating Burroughs wouldn't be out of the question either.

In my opinion, the best three wrestlers in the country last year were 1) Burroughs, 2) Taylor, 3) Oliver.

So your Hodge vote would have gone to him if he beat Bubba?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    In my opinion, the best three wrestlers in the country last year were 1) Burroughs, 2) Taylor, 3) Oliver.
    I had it Oliver, Burroughs, Taylor

Taylor was in the mix. I really believe he is one of the best wrestlers I've ever seen.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.