Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU dropping wrestling?

Default NDSU dropping wrestling?

No new coach. No names. No information on it at all.

Is North Dakota State considering dropping the program? All this looks suspiciously like some other programs that have folded.

Default Re: NDSU dropping wrestling?

I haven't heard anything about that and would be pretty surprised (but then again I'm pretty sure UNO fans were surprised). They just received some serious funding to renovate the Bison Sport Arena which will house a new wrestling arena that will seat ~5,700. Bucky was long due to step down. Hopefully they get some young energy in there to take it to the next level. I really think they can be a Boise State type newcomer with the right coach.

A much needed makeover - Sports - NDSU Spectrum

Hope not. Fingers crossed.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I also hope it does not happen. At this point there is no new coach. No announcement about the search for a new coach. The wrestlers don't know who it will be and the administration seems content to let everyone involved turn on the spit of uncertainty.

I am glad Bucky stepped down as he was not really doing well the past few years as a coach. Very little leadership showed. Sure hope his boy does not get the job but a solid outside coach comes in and takes the reigns and pushes the program hard.

The team seemed content with mediocrity and not pushing to achieve much.

Hope it changes.

Right now the signs are not positive and look like a lot of programs that had lukewarm support and then dropped the whole thing,.

geez you guys.....do some research before all the doom and gloom starts about dropping the program.

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publis...TOKEN=33003162

Troy Steiner applied.....so calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline Coach View Post
    geez you guys.....do some research before all the doom and gloom starts about dropping the program.

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publis...TOKEN=33003162

Troy Steiner applied.....so calm down.
    Dang it! Why didn't I go to the Fargo-Moorhead Forum!? I go there so often, I could have gotten the scoop.

If that's your source you can only wonder why nobody knows anything.

You're the one spreading douchiness and angst, not us. Sorry for being so supportive of a school that hasn't had an AA since 04.

I thought people mellowed out after having a baby. You know, everything gets put into perspective and stuff.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Haha, cmon now Herkey, that was fairly innocuous.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Dang it! Why didn't I go to the Fargo-Moorhead Forum!? I go there so often, I could have gotten the scoop.

If that's your source you can only wonder why nobody knows anything.

You're the one spreading douchiness and angst, not us. Sorry for being so supportive of a school that hasn't had an AA since 04.

Hey you moron, all I did was google North Dakota St Wrestling and I found it. Not to hard you stupid shit. It took me about 20 seconds, about the same time it takes for you to have sex.