Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who I think should AA for the first time, plus a few other notes

Default Re: Who I think should AA for the first time, plus a few other notes

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    Sorry for mixing issues...but with the limited number a NCAA qualifiers allotted to the MAC, there is a possibility that only one of them will get a ticket to the big show. Unfortunately.

Unless one of them doesn't make the finals in the MAC tournament, I can't see the coaches not giving at least one of the wild cards to the 125 class. Last year 125 got two of them and sent three Castillo, Smith, and Chad Sportelli. That said, you're right.....it certainly is a possibility that one could get left out depending on how they do in the Mac tourney.

Andrew Flannegan Junior Harvard- He has wins over Monotti, Schlatter and quite a few others, might as well be an AA.

Flanny was a shoe-in for '07, if not for the season ending injury.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Mcknight beat Valenti? Not saying it didn't happen, just curious as to when.

Anceravage is a good pick, but the Letters argument is a little off. Watching the broken Troy Letters wrestle to a 4th place EIWA finish was one of the most heartbreaking things i've ever seen. He was not fit to wrestle.

I'd also like to add Dave Marable to the "watch list". Kid gets better and better. Working with Dave Hoffman all the time is definitely helping him.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    TJ Enright Senior Ohio State - That's my one sentimental favorite this year for Ohio State. They guy has beaten some of the top guys in the past including Reiter and Nick Simmons so he's got the ability. I'm just hoping his knee issues don't resurface this year and he's able to get onto that medal stand. He's effective when he's attacking, so I hope coach Ryan has gotten him to be more agressive.
    Time will tell. His win over Nick Simmons last year was proof enough for me, that he indeed does have the ability to get the job done.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    Sorry for mixing issues...but with the limited number a NCAA qualifiers allotted to the MAC, there is a possibility that only one of them will get a ticket to the big show. Unfortunately.
    I find it hard to believe with the graduation of Chad Sportelli that the finals would be anything but Luke Smith Vs Pat Castillo. 1st place automatically qualifies and I'd be more than willing to be that the 2nd place guy would be one of the wildcards.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Mcknight beat Valenti? Not saying it didn't happen, just curious as to when.

Anceravage is a good pick, but the Letters argument is a little off. Watching the broken Troy Letters wrestle to a 4th place EIWA finish was one of the most heartbreaking things i've ever seen. He was not fit to wrestle.

I'd also like to add Dave Marable to the "watch list". Kid gets better and better. Working with Dave Hoffman all the time is definitely helping him.
    I agree with you on the Letters statement. Had Letters been "himself", no offense to Ancerverage, but Letters probably would have majored him easily if not pinned him. It just goes to show you how horrible injuries can be.

Anyway to answer your question on the McKnight over Valenti case.

McKnight defeated Valenti at the 2004 NCAA tournament, first round in a tiebreaker. I think the score was only 2-1. As the tournament continued Valenti wrestled all the way back to a 5th place finish as where McKnight lost in the round to place to Joe Dubuque.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythompsonnum1 View Post
    I agree with you on the Letters statement. Had Letters been "himself", no offense to Ancerverage, but Letters probably would have majored him easily if not pinned him. It just goes to show you how horrible injuries can be.

Anyway to answer your question on the McKnight over Valenti case.

McKnight defeated Valenti at the 2004 NCAA tournament, first round in a tiebreaker. I think the score was only 2-1. As the tournament continued Valenti wrestled all the way back to a 5th place finish as where McKnight lost in the round to place to Joe Dubuque.
    What's really funny about the situation, is that Dubuque wrestled back from a first round loss as well, and the guy who beat him, Matt Pitts of Tennesee Chatanooga also lost in the round to place.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

I met Nick Hayes and Joe Baker this year out here in AZ. Hayes was a really cool guy, and Baker is best friends with one of my best friends. Baker "brings it" harder than anyone I've ever met possibly. I'd like to see them both AA.

I gotta throw Pat Pitsch in there as someone I'd love to see AA. Been a round away and lost to Deonte Penn both years. I'm sure that if he doesn't lose to someone he should beat in the first round and have to wrestle back 5 matches, he'll have a better shot.