Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Campolattano will (officially) wrestle for Ohio State

Default Andrew Campolattano will (officially) wrestle for Ohio State

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/...or-ohio-state/

Andrew Campolattano (right, sitting) of Bound Brook signs his national letter of intent to wrestle for Ohio State. The signing took place on Monday at Bound Brook High School. - (Chris Faytok/The Star-Ledger)

Andrew Campolattano will wrestle for Ohio State

THE STAR-LEDGER, April 25, 2011 1:47 p.m.

Andrew Campolattano, a wrestling superstar at Bound Brook, has chosen to continue his career at Ohio State.

Campolattano called his other finalists this morning to let them know that he had chosen Ohio State, according to Bound Brook assistant coach Marty Gleason. The other finalists were Lehigh, Virginia Tech and Nebraska.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: Andrew Campolattano will (officially) wrestle for Ohio State

Tommy Rowlands put this up on Twitter about an hour ago, was just coming to post it myself.

Great pick up for the Buckeyes. Once Tom Ryan gets all of his recruits over the last few years into the line up they're going to be right back to where they were two and three years ago.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

tOSU will definitely be a top 5 team when they get everyone in the lineup. Do you think that Comp will be an immediate threat or will he have some growing pains as he transitions into D1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I'm not super high on Camp anymore after reading up some more on him, I think there's some Cody Gardner in him. Hope I'm wrong, though.

On a lighter note, it's funny to see the difference between one of the football recruits signing announcements and a wrestlers.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

The elder gentleman standing behind him looks like a character in Tales from the Crypt

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I'm not super high on Camp anymore after reading up some more on him
    Was it the 4 Jersey titles or the one career loss that turned you off?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

some times gut feelings out weight overwhelming stats....

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Was it the 4 Jersey titles or the one career loss that turned you off?
    Look, on credentials, I know it doesn't make much sense. Just a couple of things that worry me. First, he didn't commit to wrestling immediately, which tells me that he might not love the sport completely. Second, maybe it's just my perception, but he's really dragged this thing out a la LeBron James, which seems to point towards an inflated self-perception. Third, the two times I saw him face adversity, it kind of felt like he just gave it up. Against Evans and in the DD. Fourth, he looks to me to be a tweener. Right now he's around 205ish according to Jersey folk, but he's going to need significantly more muscle mass than what I've seen to compete at 197, which could push him out of the 197 range and into the small heavyweight range, which is a tough proposition. Like I said, it's nothing definitive, just a feeling. I hope I'm way off base.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

A few thoughts:

-Awesome. Incredible talent and athlete who also has good wrestling skills. Also, he's pretty well (albeit soft) spoken. Seems pretty humble.

-This class freaking phenomenal, and they aren't done yet. The downside of it is that when all of these guys graduate at once, it is going to leave a huge hole. The staff will have to be very smart about the few recruits they are able to bring in each year between now and then.

-The other downside, on a personal level, is that this doesn't bode well for the chances that Nick Tavanello will go to Ohio State. Tav is a junior 215 this year, and I've become a huge fan of his in the last year. I understand that you've got to take a stud like Campolattano when he comes around, though. Come on Kent State, go after Tav!

-Zapp: I have noticed the warning signs, and acknowledge them as a Buckeye fan. I don't know about saying I'm not "high" on him (I don't really see how you can't be impressed), but the potential commitment issue is something to be cautious of. With all that said, there's no question he is worth the risk, and I'm sure every coach in the country would be thrilled to have him on their team. As a side note, I know that Campo has some nice endorsements from people who would know.
    Last edited by Gold; 04-25-2011 at 05:41 PM.