Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a Big 4 tournament -if so WHY ?

Default Will there be a Big 4 tournament -if so WHY ?

Nearly every kid wrestling just has to make weight and he goes to the NCAA's-what schools are left ?
    Oklahoma,Oklahoma state ,Mizzou, Iowa State -I can foresee all 4 of those programs taking 10 to the tournament -SO-if Kinding hurts his ankle do you just let him rest a month -or 3 weeks ? Or risk further injury to one of your studs so he can wrestle 2 matches ? Probably meaningless ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: Will there be a Big 4 tournament -if so WHY ?

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Nearly every kid wrestling just has to make weight and he goes to the NCAA's
    Not if he hasn't earned a qualifying spot for his conference over the course of the season.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I've heard that the NCAA is going to give the B12 another exemption to hold a four team qualifying tournament and the coaches are all for it. Wanna talk about killing the sport in the B12?

Why not invite other teams into the fold or join with another conference? If you think it's going to hurt your qualifying numbers then you arent doing your job as a coach. Do what's right for once and go to national duals, um I mean add teams to your conference!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Part of the thinking is that not having other teams in or joining another conference puts pressure on the Texas schools to add wrestling. Something we should all want. How likely it is I don't know, but I think someone was supposed to when the Big XII formed and none did. Hopefully Deloss Dodds is going to be done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Part of the thinking is that not having other teams in or joining another conference puts pressure on the Texas schools to add wrestling. Something we should all want. How likely it is I don't know, but I think someone was supposed to when the Big XII formed and none did. Hopefully Deloss Dodds is going to be done soon.
    What is a Deloss Dodds?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    What is a Deloss Dodds?
    DeLoss Dodds is the AD at Texas-Austin.

149 & 157 only had one automatic qualifier this year.

Texas Tech or Texas AM should add wrestling. That would force Texas to add it just because they wouldn't want another school to have a head start. Texas has the money.

I think we can all forget about Texas doing what is right for the sake of the conference. They could care less about anyone else in the Big Twelve for any sport let alone wrestling. If there ever was a school that only looked out for numero uno it is Texas.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09