Thread: Liberty University from D1 to club status effective immediatley.

Default Liberty University from D1 to club status effective immediatley.

Just came across this. From what I hear they are openly citing title IX for the reclassification.

http://www.liberty.edu/libertyflames...69&NewsID=6907

I'd email the AD.

Jeff Barber Director of Athletics jbarber2@liberty.edu
    John Smith wears women's underpants!

Default Re: Liberty University from D1 to club status effective immediatley.

This sucks bad...there are very few safe programs out there.

WTF. Man, this is getting depressing! I remember when Liberty had an excellent D2 team back during my days of competing. They were coached by former ASU AA Don Schuler, who was also the 1984 Olympic trials runner-up to Mark Schultz. Had a 125 lber who was a D2 champ and a heavyweight,Mike Hatch(?) who was the D2 runner-up to Carlton Haselrig. I know they dropped the program for a little while and then came back as a D1 team. What a shame. I can't even mutter my standard speech about small schools wanting to go from D2 where they may have been yearly powerhouses, to D1 where they become just another mediocre small school, ripe for the picking from bigger and more longstanding D1 schools, then eventually get cut because they are seen as just small time losers (hello Bakersfield, SIU Edwarsville Portland St. and UC Davis.). Liberty actually was a winning D1 school, but we know by the UNO situation that anyone is vunerable,to being axed by some A-hole AD . Really disheartening.
    Last edited by MOJO; 03-30-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Very disappointing as a Virginian and fan of wrestling.

I never liked this school for their politics and such, but never would wish this on any wrestling team.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Read this VA. It's all a big misunderstanding.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/05...ty-university/

Though I don't know what it has to do with wrestling.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I couldn't spend a second on that campus with that brood of vipers that run it.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I couldn't spend a second on that campus with that brood of vipers that run it.
    I had a good friend go to Liberty and from what he told me I wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes on campus before being expelled. He made it through the entire way and is a borderline alcoholic and has been on PEDs for years. Looks like the insane rules really helped keep him on the right path. I am also not a big fan of the school