Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

Default Re: Best Never to win NCAA's 2000-2011 (Full List Posted)

Quote Originally Posted by bwh27 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Russell had the easiest cut of all the NCAA champs - which is to say not easy but not something that will make him want to bump up next season.
    Robles I know weighed in a pound under for both days at CKLV. That's pretty indicative of a very small cut. Rey is huge, but I don't think he was anywhere near 285.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by homerdindon View Post
    On a side note, of the top 5, I had the pleasure of wrestling 3 of them (Trenge when I was younger, Snyder, and Lewis twice in college). Fun times lol
    Any homer victories?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Robles I know weighed in a pound under for both days at CKLV. That's pretty indicative of a very small cut. Rey is huge, but I don't think he was anywhere near 285.
    I'll concede on Robles, but Rey's weight is irrelevant to what we're talking about because he doesn't have the option of going up a weight class. So I suppose I could have said Russell had the 3rd easiest cut of the 9 NCAA champs who have the option of going up a weight, but for the sake of brevity kept it simpler. Again, Russell has said in an interview that weight is not an issue for him, you guys are welcome to not believe him.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

No, Trenge pinned me for 3rd at AAU Nationals when we were 12, he was a beast even back then.

Snyder majored me (14-5 I think) my true freshman year at National Duals. I was on suicide watch (not literally) after that tourney. I went 0-6 losing to (Kjelgaard, Shad Benton, Leo Urbinelli, Brett Matter, Kjelgaard again, and then Snyder). Easily the toughest tournament that I, or probably anybody in the history of wrestling, had had to deal with. So brutal.

Tyrone majored me (14-6 I think) at NCAA's one year and then beat me 8-3 in a dual the year after.

So nothing remotely close to a homer victory haha. I guess they're why they're in the top 5
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

Man so you actually started your college career at 157 and ended up at 184? Did you grow like a weed or just got sick of cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by homerdindon View Post
    I went 0-6 losing to (Kjelgaard, Shad Benton, Leo Urbinelli, Brett Matter, Kjelgaard again, and then Snyder). Easily the toughest tournament that I, or probably anybody in the history of wrestling, had had to deal with. So brutal.
    Was going to ask how many of your matches with these guys occurred during this epically brutal weekend.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

The latter of the 2. I had to cut a ton to make 157 my freshman year, then I was just cutting from 190-195 to 165 my soph and junior year, just to keep getting beat by the same guys, so I figured what the heck and decided to just lift hard and wrestle at a comfortable weight. Definitely was the smart move despite not really accomplishing what I wanted to
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"