Default Burroughs = Dominance

rd 1-Headlee-EWL champ-23-7
    Rd 2-Lister CAA champ-F-Def
    rd 3-Winston -EIWA champion-23-8
    Rd 4-Sponsellor-big 10 2nd-14-6
    Finals-Caldwell-2nd in Big 5-11-3
    i'm not easily impressed , but DAM !!

Default Re: Burroughs = Dominance

I watched his match with Lister, he simply broke his will to exist.

He doubled him for the 9th time and Lister just put his hands on his face in disgust and quit. No limp, no injury, just broke his brain.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Burroughs is unreal, pretty sure he could hit that blast double the almighty himself!

Burroughs was the best wrestler in the country regardless of weight. His weight classes that he competed in were easily the most stacked weights before this year as well with the 149 and 157 weight classes that he was an AA in and in which he won. His talent is unreal, and the only other wrestler even close to his ability and talent was Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I watched his match with Lister, he simply broke his will to exist.

He doubled him for the 9th time and Lister just put his hands on his face in disgust and quit. No limp, no injury, just broke his brain.
    Very impressive, indeed. The Brands brothers would do the same thing to their opponents - just break them.

Other than the 10-7 Midlands final with Andrew Howe and Big 12 final 2-1 over T. Caldwell, it was pure dominance. Would have liked to seen 100% healthy Howe-Burroughs part 2 in NCAA finals, but there should be some freestyle dandy's coming up between them. Surprised Caldwell beat Howe on RT & held Burroughs to a 2-1 match...

Quote Originally Posted by yoces51 View Post
    Burroughs is unreal, pretty sure he could hit that blast double the almighty himself!
    I disagree. Gable woulda sprawled.

I've read the Hodge debate thread and about the Hodge's priority on pins. I won't get into that debate. But if you ask who was the best/most dominant wrestler this year I definitely go with Burroughs. Oliver was great, but Burroughs was even better IMO.

Agreed. It almost seems like he has to keep himself from doing a full takedown onslaght by trying to pick up riding time after each takedown. His tech fall against Scotty Winston was eye opening. Nobody has ever teched Scotty. Burroughs made it seem automatic. I know he could have done take em down let em up in the finals for a tech. But that might have been looked at as disrespectful. I have not seen a wrestler that good from neutral, possibly ever. I am still thinking of it. He has to have a takedown record this season.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal