Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Dake Four Timer?

Default Re: Kyle Dake Four Timer?

Dake had to make weight all year with hour or two before weigh-ins, not to mention twice that weekend. He proved he can do it and wrestle well, don't think it had any bearing on the results of the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    He DID look big but he's also not very tall I don't think. I say he has a better than average shot at it because whats important is how he does when it counts and he has shown to be a dominant guy in the spotlight. Reminds me of Jake Rosholt who I still can't believe has 3 titles to this day.
    He was 5'9 last year and he's only gotten taller. Might be closer to 6' now. He's pretty tall.

He weighed in that morning so he had around 10 hours to put on that weight. Very reasonable that a dehydrated body would put on 15 or so pounds in 10 hours.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Your going to need to show me some proof if your calling Kyle Dake 6' tall my friend.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

He is half way there. But, as we know only too well, injury or illness or getting caught like Taylor did can happen. It is a long grind. Hope he can do it as it will be good for wrestling but would not be surprised to see him fall just short.

A few had to pull out due to injury once again this year. No planning for it and it hits even the top guys. Dake benefitted as it happened to Caldwell. Hope it does not happen to him.

His girlfriend just broke up with him because he's a two timer.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    His girlfriend just broke up with him because he's a two timer.
    Cue the Dice Clay "OAAHH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Dake had to make weight all year with hour or two before weigh-ins, not to mention twice that weekend. He proved he can do it and wrestle well, don't think it had any bearing on the results of the finals.
    A valid point. But he hadn't looked as dominant earlier in the year. Granted, the only day one could benefit from a longer time between weigh-ins and the match is the NCAA finals so it may be a moot point. But, it looks like Dake did have a sizeable weight advantage for the finals. Don't get me wrong. I think he would have won anyway, but it sure didn't hurt. Just making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Your going to need to show me some proof if your calling Kyle Dake 6' tall my friend.
    I can't. But I can ask you to use common sense. He was 5'9 when he was 17. I'm saying he might be around that height, not exactly that tall. He's gained around 25 pounds or so since then. Do you think it's all in muscle mass?

I'm sure GBR can shed more facts on the situation than I can.

I am a giant Penn State homer, but wow is Dake ever fun to watch. Koll says the bigger the match, the better he is, and I believe it. I would love to see him and Taylor facing off at 165 in a year or two.