Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Dake Four Timer?

Default Re: Kyle Dake Four Timer?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Was it just me, or did Dake look just friggin' huge during the finals? When do the finalists weigh in? He looked as big if not bigger than both 157 lb finalists. It seems apparent to me that any issues he had this year must have been weight related (not that the guys that beat him were schlubs) because he manhandled a strong, strong dude in Molinaro. Granted, the match that occurred was extremely favorable for Dake and it's mystifying why the tank chose down but it was easily the best he's looked all year and I have to think that if this Dake shows up, he gives both Metcalf and Caldwell a tough, tough match. Never saw this type of dude coming from what he was in h.s.

Dake seems to have benefited from two less than stellar weight classes the last couple of years but he has beaten whoever they have put in front of him. With Taylor possibly going up to 165 next year, you have to make Dake the favorite if he moves up to 157, and most definitely at 149 again. But like he said, he can't win four next year so we'll have to take it one year at a time.
    I meant to write this earlier. But, if Dake goes up to 157 and Taylor stays there that would be a great match. I would have to favor Taylor in that one.

They both ride like Harley's on a bad piece of road, would either one get out?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

In a video on FLO Dake says that he was at 165-ish at that moment after the finals....wow. He suggests that next year he will go up a weight again.

The Kid After His 2nd Title | Kyle Dake Videos | Flowrestling

He might actually have to cut quite a bit next year just to get to 157! WAAAY too big for 149 full-time.

If the kid is around 165 after weighing in at 149 THAT MORNING you have to think he'll be at 157. Heck, a lot of boxers and MMA guys who cut a lot don't even weight that much with night-before weighins.

In a video on FLO Dake says that he was at 165-ish at that moment after the finals....wow. He suggests that next year he will go up a weight again.

I find that hard to believe with 1 hour weigh ins. At best he had 2 hours. 2 gallons of water would equal a tad over 14 lbs and that would only put him at 163. No way he consumes that kind of volume between weigh in and post bout. He'd be taking injury to go pee if he could even fit it inside his body without drowning. 155 - believable, 165 - he's dreaming.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

I'm pretty sure at NCAAs you weigh in during the morning, no matter your match time, not an hour before. So he probably had 10-12 hours recovery time

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I'm pretty sure at NCAAs you weigh in during the morning, no matter your match time, not an hour before. So he probably had 10-12 hours recovery time
    I raised that question about that in the earlier weigh-ins thread. Someone responded that all weigh-ins are in the morning (Thurs-Fri-Sat). So for the finals that gives a lot of time to bulk up. Evidently Dake did so. I don't know if that is totally fair. In the radio broadcast I listened to for the finals, the commentator speculated that Dake was feeling the best he had all year because he had so much time between weigh-ins and his finals match. Maybe the need to have the finals weigh-ins 2 or 3 hours before the finals.

I don't know how it wouldn't be fair? Frank had the same amount of time to "bulk up" as Dake did. I would like to see weigh ins done the night before or matside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.