Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Alton's really interested in leaving PSU?

Default Are the Alton's really interested in leaving PSU?

Someone claims that the Altons aren't happy with the way Cael has handled things and they have expressed interest in the Iowa program.

This is a direct quote "calls were made after promises were broken"

Interesting if true, but I'm not sure why Altons would transfer anywhere considering where the PSU program is right now.

I won't believe this unless I hear this from them. I don't know the person that posted this but they claim to have talked with Alton's parents in Philly.

Default Re: Are the Alton's really interested in leaving PSU?

Where did you see this?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Keep in mind that, even if Cael were to release them, and they were to transfer to Iowa, they'd have to walk on there for the remainder of their collegiate careers, per Big Ten transfer rules.

I can't see them going to Iowa, although I'd love to have them. I imagine if this were true, they'd head for another PA school like Edinboro or Pitt.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Redshirt

I'm calling catfish on this one until I here something from a PSU "insider" or something from the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I can't see them going to Iowa, although I'd love to have them. I imagine if this were true, they'd head for another PA school like Edinboro or Pitt.
    I'd imagine (and I'm sure you'd be delighted by this) that if they went anywhere it would be Lehigh. Pretty sure it came down to Penn State and Lehigh (primarily because of John Hughes) as to where they were going to go.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I don't buy this either. It was posted on the Hawkeye board. I would suspect if it were true they would stay out east to compete.

Redshirt

Reasons I don't believe this:

1. Opening @ 157 in 2011-2012 for Dylan Alton who has expressed his interest in growing into that weight.
    2. Rising prominence of the NLWC and the Alton's passion for international styles.
    3. Ability for Andrew to redshirt next year and pursue olympics.
    4. Proximity of PSU to their hometown of Mill Hall (30-40 minutes)
    5. There was a similar rumor about Q.Wright transferring on HawkeyeReport about 2 weeks prior to the Iowa-PSU dual which was proven to be inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'd imagine (and I'm sure you'd be delighted by this) that if they went anywhere it would be Lehigh. Pretty sure it came down to Penn State and Lehigh (primarily because of John Hughes) as to where they were going to go.
    True, I just remembered that it was Lehigh. I would definitely be stoked about that!