Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Recruiting?

Default Re: Penn State Recruiting?

He hasn't chosen, and I think he still has time.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2400 View Post
    Do we know where Campolattano is going yet? Shouldnt he have had to choose by now?

He was at Nebraska last week and will be visiting Ohio State in April. He has offers from those two plus Virginia Tech, Boston University, Lehigh, Penn State and Rutgers. Nebraska may have an edge over the others since Burroughs has been in his ear and another Jersey phenom James Green is headed there. He'll have a home state bud and Big Ten exposure.

With Morgan McIntosh 184/197 going to Penn State it complicates things for Penn State. McIntosh was at 189 this year. Can he hold that weight for 4-5 years with Campo at 197? I don't think so and that is why PSU is in the picture but not hot and heavy and with a boat load of money. I'm fairly certain CS eyes Morgan for 197. Campo will go to the best opportunity with high cash. BU may have offered the full ride. Rutgers holds the ace in the hole with family close and his former coaches 15 minutes away.
    Last edited by RYou; 03-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Nebraska may have an edge over the others since Burroughs has been in his ear and another Jersey phenom James Graves is headed there.
    Do you mean James Green?

Camp would fit nicely at Nebraska.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Do you mean James Green?

yes, James Green...Burroughs mentioned both as 'coming to Lincoln' in an interview

I could see Nebraska having the money to get Camp and I know the coaches there are close with the football coaches so he might even have the opportunity to try both by going to Neb.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Do you mean James Green?

bad boner....my boss is James Graves

Let's not put any credence in Nebraska enabling wrestling AND football. It was tried once and it didn't work out, the recruit transferred when the football coach pulled the plug.

Mark Manning has extremely strong ties to South Jersey wrestling coaches, ergo the Green committment.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Because it was tried once it won't happen again? I obviously am not saying it *will* happen, but I guarantee the thought has at least crossed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    bad boner....my boss is James Graves

Let's not put any credence in Nebraska enabling wrestling AND football. It was tried once and it didn't work out, the recruit transferred when the football coach pulled the plug.

Mark Manning has extremely strong ties to South Jersey wrestling coaches, ergo the Green committment.

At PSU it used to be tradition that Football players wrestled heavyweight. Not sure why it wouldn't be that way anymore but playing FB & wrestling I am sure could still be an option for Camp.

I think Morgan is a bit small to be a college 197. I think he RS next year & they see how it does at all the open tourneys. I see AC being a much better option for PSU @ 197.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I see AC being a much better option for PSU @ 197.
    Do they have the money though?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Do they have the money though?
    I think they could. The roster won't be the same so some $$$ will be free. I don't see McIntosh as a 197 so I don't see the "conflict" of having them both there.