Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mentally Weakest NCAA Champion

Default Mentally Weakest NCAA Champion

Has to be Quentin Wright, right?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Mentally Weakest NCAA Champion

I just logged on here to see if you had started this thread...funny but predictable.

I would vote for Robles, I mean he obviously had everyone cheering for him. How hard can it be to get the easy draw, not face anyone and then win it with the body of a 157 pounder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Has to be Quentin Wright, right?
    Jensen you are a complete moron. If you don't think QW was mentally weak during the season you are delusional. QW himself said he has mental issue he needed to over come which he obviously did. Congrats to QW. Like I told you I have nothing personal against QW but when he got pounded by Steinhaus and GG he was mentally weak.

It takes some serious wussiness to come back from a serious injury and win a national title

On another note, after QW won the big 10, a national title wasn't such a big shock to me. I've only watched his freestyle matches thus far but he has been pretty damn good for a while (when wrestling well).

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I would vote for Robles, I mean he obviously had everyone cheering for him. How hard can it be to get the easy draw, not face anyone and then win it with the body of a 157 pounder?
    Ha! Ha! I'm sick of hearing that stuff too

Quote Originally Posted by yoces51 View Post
    I just logged on here to see if you had started this thread...funny but predictable.
    Couldn't help myself...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Photo Re: Mentally Weakest NCAA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Jensen you are a complete moron. If you don't think QW was mentally weak during the season you are delusional. QW himself said he has mental issue he needed to over come which he obviously did. Congrats to QW. Like I told you I have nothing personal against QW but when he got pounded by Steinhaus and GG he was mentally weak.
    So i guess this means you agree chop?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think he was distracted in some way during the season, that appears to be common knowledge. I don't know whether I'd define that as "mentally weak". I guess if distracted equals mentally weak then Chop has a point. I'd define mentally weak as a more permanent condition though. Kind of like calling someone gutless or a pussy.