Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: 2011 NCAA Tournament Day 3: Match Ups/Discussion

Default Re: 2011 NCAA Tournament Day 3: Match Ups/Discussion

Notice the BIG difference in the photo of this year's NCAA wrestling champions from the past 3 years?
    PSU kids looked like they were happy....you know, as if they had accomplished something worthwhile.
    All the Squawkeye photos that I've seen, they all look like they've just eaten persimmons.
    It was refreshing.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Notice the BIG difference in the photo of this year's NCAA wrestling champions from the past 3 years?
    PSU kids looked like they were happy....you know, as if they had accomplished something worthwhile.
    All the Squawkeye photos that I've seen, they all look like they've just eaten persimmons.
    It was refreshing.
    The difference is that the Hawkeyes were never suprised when they won. It was just another day at the office. PSU guys were happy and suprised. I don't blame them. Hat tip to Cael for getting them prepared, but watch out for next year. Every champion will tell you that defending is harder than winning it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    It was refreshing.
    Geez, people really can't help themselves but drag Iowa into the discussion just to take shots at them. Iowa smiled just fine after 2008 and 2010, but looked a little sour after 2009 because of the overall down performance and no individual championships.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

That's too bad. Being jaded is no way to go thru life. Ya gotta enjoy the roses and acknowledge the thorns during your one time/one way travel on this path. Zapp, I wasn't taking a shot at the Iowa program.....as I said before, I respect the Brands and what they have done. They are absolute magicians as coaches.

I'm 62.....I've survived MIs, lost friends and relatives to violence and of course had some great times as well.........and if you don't enjoy the great times when they happened, you've missed out and you can never go back.

Any of you who are bikers will know what I mean............

Winning a title with no champions isnt fun so why smile? National titles has always been the goal but dominance is a large part of the equation.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Minnesota begs to differ with you!!
    :-)

That just sounds ridiculous Hawkeye in hindsight. Brands Lombardi/Gable Schtick has been played out to me.

I'm only speaking for myself here obviously but all of my personal success and personal disappointments were always washed away by how my team performed.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."