Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Wins 2011 NCAA Championship by 1.5 points!

Default Re: Iowa Wins 2011 NCAA Championship by 1.5 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    The Big tens might be a tougher tournament. The weight classes are more concentrated with top quality wrestlers. Not many easy paths like there could be at NCAA's. This is just a theory. I'd have to do more research to support this position and maybe I'd prove myself wrong.
    I'm guessing wrong. You still have all the best Big 10 wrestlers, lose the bad Big 10 wrestlers, and add other high quality wrestlers. Basically, the Big Ten is an 8-man tourney. Look at the quarterfinals of any NCAA tourney and in probably 90% of cases it's tougher than Big 10s.

I'm with Gold on this. If you're looking at where it is easier to get three wins in the top bracket, ok, maybe NCAA. But to place top 6 or 8, Big 10 is much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Already rationalizing Iowa's anticipated loss with cheap shots at Cael?
    Nope, just telling it like it is. And, nobody is anticipating Iowas loss. Just what I had my bout sheets telling me last night. I have been wrong before though, but not on very many occassions. Herkey and Chop know, Im defending my NCAA pickem title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'm with Gold on this. If you're looking at where it is easier to get three wins in the top bracket, ok, maybe NCAA. But to place top 6 or 8, Big 10 is much easier...
    Agreed. The Big Ten is the toughest conference in the country, but Nationals are another thing all together. 141 though will be ruled by Big Ten guys in the quarters.

Redshirt

Just my opinion but, there are three proven great coaches of our era Smith, Brands and Robinson. Proven because they have won more than one NCAA Championship. Sanderson may be the next one, or not. Of the three, Brands has the best package. Although OkieSt. will finish higher than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeake7 View Post
    Just my opinion but, there are three proven great coaches of our era Smith, Brands and Robinson. Proven because they have won more than one NCAA Championship.
    I agree that a coach shouldn't be considered a great coach until he has won a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeake7 View Post
    Of the three, Brands has the best package.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I agree that a coach shouldn't be considered a great coach until he has won a championship.

of Wrestlers

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    The problem with this hypothesis is that NCAA's is a tougher tournament.

I'll take the five guys who won Big 10's for Penn State to outperform the eight guys who couldn't make the finals at a weaker tournament for Iowa.
    Ummm, Iowa had 4 guys make the finals at Big 10's. Are their 12 weight classes now?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.........