Thread: UNCG to Drop their program

Default UNCG to Drop their program

Heard from a kid on their team the program is done. What does this mean for the Scuffle, how can they drop this program like this. Terrible news for Loukidas and UNCG who have not only built their program up but have built one of the toughest tournaments int he country.

Total GARBAGE.
    John Smith wears women's underpants!

Default Re: UNCG to Drop their program

definitely disappointing news. North Carolina has been fortunate to have so many collegiate wrestling opportunities, I really hate to lose one.

ESPECIALLY cause of the Scuffle.

On a positive note, East Carolina has brought back their club team after a 30 year absence.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

So does this mean the southern scuffle is no more?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

don't give up on the Scuffle just yet
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I went this year If uncg does not have a team I won"t go next year

Below is the link to the "FAQ" put out by UNCG to rationalize axing the team:
    http://www.uncgspartans.com/sports/w...010-11/FAQ.pdf

What really bothers me is they cite how many other wrestling programs have been cut and seem to be saying if other schools are cutting wrestling, that's a good justification for them to do it.

It sounds like UNCG is trying to continue to Southern Scuffle while cutting the team. Not sure how that would work. Maybe it is just lip service, maybe they are not dealing with reality. I don't think many other teams would support a tournament hosted by a school that just cut its program (as ogw says).