Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then Trev Alberts disbands the wrestling program!

Default Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then Trev Alberts disbands the wrestling program!

This may be the most disgusting thing I've ever read on these forums. I am stunned that such a successful program can be thrown in the garbage.

http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=23332
    Last edited by Schlottke; 03-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then the school disbands the wrestling program!

Wow... cant hold down a job so go become an AD..
    Last edited by Schlottke; 03-13-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Default Re: Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then the school disbands the wrestling program!

"I believe the potential for UNO's athletic programs is unlimited. This new chapter in my life will be exciting for me and for my family. I had an amazing experience as a college athlete. For several years now, I've wanted to return to college athletics and give something back. This position at UNO is a privilege," said Alberts.

This is from when he was hired..... Talk about giving something back. The guy cuts their most successful program. He's a complete joke.

Trev Alberts should be fired. I think there is a law in Nebraska that says only the Nebraska at Lincoln can have D 1 football in the state. But why do they need to cut wrestling?

Trev Alberts was a complete moron on TV as an analyst and it appears he's staying true to his character as AD in Omaha. Hope he gets hit by a bus.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Default Re: Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then Trev Alberts disbands the wrestling program!

Im in the process of optimizing this thread for his name. If any of you have websites - link here with "Trev Alberts" or "UNO Athletic Director"...

Default Re: Division II UNO wins it all yesterday....then Trev Alberts disbands the wrestling program!

Trev Alberts is a complete scumbag. What a joke. I cant believe anybody could stoop so low. Dropping the program is one thing, but the way he delivered the message is another thing. Not sure what else to say about this, but im sure that the wrestling community can figure out something to tell him.

http://themat.com/section.php?sectio...rticleID=23332

trevalberts@unomaha.edu

I don't know if the Chancellor is Trev's boss or not, but it's what I could find right now. Send him a respectful email and let him know your feelings about how Trev has behaved toward the wrestling team. I cannot believe this.

Here's his email. His name is Dr. John Christensen.

johnchristensen@unomaha.edu
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

This clown actually (from my sources) telephoned the team while they were celebrating a National Title and told them the program was cut-Trev seems to be lacking brains, balls and heart !!