Thread: All-Star Freestyle Dual at the NCAA Tournament

Default All-Star Freestyle Dual at the NCAA Tournament

The lineup has been finalized for the USA Wrestling National Team All-Star Dual Meet that will be held as part of the festivities at the 2011 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships in Philadelphia, Pa.
    The event is set for Thursday, March 17, between the first and second sessions of the NCAA Championships, on the competition mats in the Wells Fargo Center. It is free of charge and NCAA fans will not have to leave their seats to enjoy the action.
    There are seven matches as part of the All-Star Dual Meet. It opens with an exhibition bout between two of the United States top freestyle wrestlers, followed by a six-match USA vs. The World Dual Meet.

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/39990

Default Re: All-Star Freestyle Dual at the NCAA Tournament

Awesome!

Abdel-Fatah vs Ruiz is truly a world class matchup. Most of the other "international" guys seem to be guys who live in America but compete for other countries . I must say, I'm also pretty excited to see Barnes vs Metcalf- both wrestle a similar go-for-broke style. Metcalf is probably the favorite (based on college results) but Barnes outdid him at the last world championships and is the superior par terre wrestler IMO. Should be a good one.

Metcalf will smash him.

Or he might lose.

I'm in a definitive mood.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I hope Simmons is nicer to Nickerson than he was to Blanc. That was hilarious.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It's a really great idea and opportunity to get some incredible visibility to this wrestling discipline.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

http://themat.com/section.php?sectio...rticleID=23356 results. Anyone (Jason Bryant maybe) know where we can get video?

Apart from the Dennis/Nickerson match it looks like a great dual. Lots of points scored. Ruiz beat a former word champion and Metcalf had his way with Barnes and even scored on the ground- good performances for both of them.