Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dake #4

Default Dake #4

looks like we get to see a Caldwell Dake match in the semis

Default Re: Dake #4

Quite frankly that is more shocking than Robles at #1, or at least on par with it. Surprised Molinaro got the #2 seed, but he'll have to avenge a loss to Mason to make the semis.

Dake, like several members of Cornell, got a raw deal here imo. With Molinaro and Dake both having 2 losses and Dake beating Molinaro head to head, I just don't get it. Normally, winning the Big 10 tournament is a big deal but 149 at Big 10s just wasn't a strong weight. Dake's seed, Grey at 8, Kerber at 9 and Meagher getting Hall in the first round all disappointing.

I have to agree, it did look like Cornell got some pretty rough seeds, should make the team race that much more interesting.

I might just be a Cornell homer, but am I the only one who literally finds this makes no sense?

I mean, they both have two losses. Dake beat Molinaro head to head this year. Dake majored Mason, who Molinaro lost to. Dake is a returning national champ.

The only case you could even consider for Molinaro being seeded above Dake is that he won the Big 10's, but most should agree the Big 10's at 149 were pretty depleted. I suppose another argument that you could make is that Molinaro was an AA at 149 last year, whereas Dake was a weight below...however, that doesn't cut it, not for me at least.
    Am I cool now?

Champion to see him anything less than #1 is ludicrous!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveSATS View Post
    I might just be a Cornell homer, but am I the only one who literally finds this makes no sense?

I mean, they both have two losses. Dake beat Molinaro head to head this year. Dake majored Mason, who Molinaro lost to. Dake is a returning national champ.

The only case you could even consider for Molinaro being seeded above Dake is that he won the Big 10's, but most should agree the Big 10's at 149 were pretty depleted. I suppose another argument that you could make is that Molinaro was an AA at 149 last year, whereas Dake was a weight below...however, that doesn't cut it, not for me at least.
    Dake also lost to Vinson (seeded 9th) whom Frank beat last year. Frank also beat Mason (seeded 7th) as well. Frank's losses were by 1 pt each to Mason (3-2) & Dake (1-0). Both of Dake's losses were by 2 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveSATS View Post

I'm a Penn State homer, but I have to agree with you. One thing that does sometimes enter in is when the losses take place. Molinaro's last loss was to Dake the end of December. He hasn't lost since. But that said, in light of Dake being a defending national champ, same record and winning their head-on-head--I think Dake should have been seeded ahead of him. But--we don't know how good of a shape Caldwell is in. The draw could be a blessing in disguise for Dake if Caldwell is significantly below 100%.

I have no clue as to how the 1/4 matchup will go if it will even occur at 149. DC and Dake don't look to be near themselves. Maybe they will be peaking this week.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.