Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 28 to 34 of 34
Discuss Dake #4 at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by vaisforlovers Is your answer for everything workout partners? Lots of bad wrestlers ...
  1. #28
    AA oldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Finger Lakes
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Is your answer for everything workout partners?

    Lots of bad wrestlers have had great workout partners.
    Well, good workout partners are important, and Grajales did make the finals of his conf., something I didn't think was going to happen.Even in a watered down weight.

    A ways back, didn't you say that one of the reasons why Alex Meade's transfer to WV would not be beneficial to him (besides the fat girls) would be because of inferior workout partners?

  2. #29
    Round of 12 hawkeyes2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Radford, VA
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Workout partners make a big difference, like in Meades case where he's not going to have the great ones he would at Okie state, while Grajales at Mich. has Russell to workout with and is probably the best partner anyone could have there, I still get where vais is coming from, workout partners can only take you so far. Just like coaches. Eventually it comes back down to the guy himself.

  3. #30
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    A ways back, didn't you say that one of the reasons why Alex Meade's transfer to WV would not be beneficial to him (besides the fat girls) would be because of inferior workout partners?
    You mean NON qualifier Alex Meade? Looks like I was right about that one.

    I think they are important, but not an end all be all.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #31
    AA oldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Finger Lakes
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    You mean NON qualifier Alex Meade? Looks like I was right about that one.

    I think they are important, but not an end all be all.
    Right...right?

  5. #32
    AA
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Conowingo, MD
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Grajales is going to be scary good next year! That kid has talent! and lots of confidence. Oh and yes, Dake got screwed!

  6. #33
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Dake #4

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Is your answer for everything workout partners?

    Lots of bad wrestlers have had great workout partners.
    No & to imply that is disingenuous.

    However, I would bet that no great wrestlers had shitty work out partners.

    Funny Vais, how when presented with facts in an argument your argument turns to questioning a person's sanity/ability to think/reasoning instead of staying on topic, (as if any of your opinions represent an absolutism that defies debate).

    Frank is 15-2 vs the 149 NCAA field & ended up with an RPI of 4. If Dake had won the EIWA then I would have probably have given Dake the #2.

  7. #34
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Dake #4

    I think Dake's seed comes down to his schedule: He only wrestled 4 ranked guys, and went 2-2 against them. Plus he went 10-2 in his last 12 bouts, including losing his last one.

    At the same time, Molinaro was 7-2 against ranked opponents, 12-0 in his last 12 bouts.

    I could be wrong, but I think that has some bearing on the seeding. Is it enough to overcome a 1-0 December loss head-to-head for Molinaro? Apparently so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

user tags

alex meade wrestling

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •