Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 157 - Hall is #1 seed

Default Re: 157 - Hall is #1 seed

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    ...and Taylor is #3

Didn't see that one coming.
    It is exactly like I thought would be as Hall is undefeated & a returning AA as is Fittery.

As is everybody else, I'm disappointed too. Trying to be objective (which I don't want to be), of the top 4 seeds, the only one to beat one of the others is Hall (over Jenkins in the Pac 10 finals). There is still a good prospect that we'll see Taylor-Jenkins (either in the finals or for #3). I'm picking Taylor to win it all, but it's certainly far from a foregone conclusion. Either semi could go either way. It could end up that we see both matches talked about: Taylor-Fittery and Taylor-Jenkins. If Taylor-Jenkins were to both get to the finals that could have as much hype as a Taylor-Fittery finals.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    It is exactly like I thought would be as Hall is undefeated & a returning AA as is Fittery.
    Taylor had a hard time AA'ing last year, so I guess it does make sense to ding him for that. I don't think the previous year should hold much sway, but I recognize that it does.

I personally don't see Jenkins making it to the finals, he had SERIOUS gas tank issues at the Pac 10s and he didn't really have to wrestle anybody until the finals. Here he'll have to fight to make the finals and I just don't see his tank holding out.
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Jenkins has never had a tank, so I don't see the situation improving. He's an exciting wrestler to watch, but you never know when the check engine light is going to go on.

Jenkins has never had a tank, so I don't see the situation improving. He's an exciting wrestler to watch, but you never know when the check engine light is going to go on.
    The one time that I didn't see those gas tank issues with Jenkins was in the 2008 NCAA's when he beat O'Connor in the quarters and Caldwell in the semis. He was going strong in those matches in the 3rd period. But he did gas against Metcalf in the finals after going up 4-1.

Taylor had a hard time AA'ing last year, so I guess it does make sense to ding him for that. I don't think the previous year should hold much sway, but I recognize that it does.
    I assuming that's an error as it would be hard for DT to AA as he was a RS FS.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I assuming that's an error as it would be hard for DT to AA as he was a RS FS.
    No, I was trying to point out the disadvantage a bada$$ frosh has in seeding. What else could Taylor have done to gain the top spot?

I don't really give a poop one way or the other, it's just interesting to me that possibly the most dominant freshman in recent memory isn't higher than 3rd, and he is behind two guys who have not won a championship.

Unless the bada$$ frosh is undefeated (which taylor is) AND he's beaten the top guys (Fittery, Hall, Jenkins), and Taylor hasn't they won't seed him ahead of them. I THINK Taylor can beat Jenkins now, but it's hard to count him out after what he did in 08.