Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So is McD the 1 seed?

Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    The only one I see getting knocked off pre-semis is Nicholson.
    I was wondering about Nicholsons record so I looked it up. He's got some decent wins this year, including one over Sanders, whom I would've said was the 5th best at 25 before I looked it up.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    McDonough is a lock for the #1 seed, there won't even be any discussion. ASU coach would be laughed out of the meeting if he tried to bring that up.
    No, wrong.

a lock

This is all funny to me. The only real players in this bracket are the top 3. No one other than McD, Robles or Precin has any chance to win this thing. Robles wrestles on top and techs people because of his size. It's funny that people are saying that he is more dominant than Matt because of this. If Matt wrestles Robles schedule he doesn't tech everyone but he pins some people(more points imagine that!!) and comfortably controls every match over these so called "quality" wins. There is a huge huge gap(I can't make this anymore clear) between the top 3 and the rest of the field. Looking at results over Patterson and Morrison proves nothing other than Robles is one of the top 3 guys. I'm not saying don't give it to Robles but I think the tougher schedule argument is flawed

McDonough is the returning national champion. His only loss was to Precin. Has Robles ever been a national champion? No. Has he had his chances? yes. When midlands rolled around, where was Robles? To be the best, you have to beat the best.

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    McDonough is the returning national champion. His only loss was to Precin. Has Robles ever been a national champion? No. Has he had his chances? yes. When midlands rolled around, where was Robles? To be the best, you have to beat the best.
    Presumably in Tempe preparing with the rest of ASU's starters for their dual with OSU.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

People need to go back and watch the tape of the guys that beat Robles.

Last Year: Esco, Morril, Long, Nickerson
    2008-2009: Falck (won 1st lost 2nd), Clark x 2, Sanders (won 1st lost 2nd), Ashmore (the most important loss), Fio, Donahoe, Precin (lost 1st, won 2nd)

There is a formula to beating him. It involves one escape, one takedown and the ability to ride (Robles has a hard time escaping). From what I hear....Ashmore owned Robles. Wrestling him for the first time is hard....but figure out how to get out from underneath and you have a good shot at winning.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

From what I've seen this year he has been doing a much better job at getting out and at creating his own offense from his feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    People need to go back and watch the tape of the guys that beat Robles.

Last Year: Esco, Morril, Long, Nickerson
    2008-2009: Falck (won 1st lost 2nd), Clark x 2, Sanders (won 1st lost 2nd), Ashmore (the most important loss), Fio, Donahoe, Precin (lost 1st, won 2nd)

There is a formula to beating him. It involves one escape, one takedown and the ability to ride (Robles has a hard time escaping). From what I hear....Ashmore owned Robles. Wrestling him for the first time is hard....but figure out how to get out from underneath and you have a good shot at winning.
    This is interesting. It looks like two guys beat Robles the first time and lost the second time.
    One guy (Precin) lost the first guy and won the second time. Although I recall that Long did the same thing last year also.

Is that it? Because if so, I'd say wrestling Robles the first time around is just as easy (or hard) as the second time.