Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So is McD the 1 seed?

Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    What won't make sense to me is if you put so much stock in the matches between McDonough and Precin that you give McDonough the #1 based off the he's the returning champ and only lost to Precin idea, and then you give Robles the #2.

I don't see how you can give Robles the #2 with Precin being a 2x AA who has only lost to McDonough if you're using the matches between Precin and McDonough to justify McDonough getting the #1.

Personally I think it'll be a complete joke if Robles doesn't get the #1, but given how Oliver got boned over seeding wise last year to split up the Big 10 guys I expect they'll give McD the #1 and Robles the #2 which will make utterly no sense.
    I'm not saying I really know how they'll seed. I'm just spitballing at this point. Personally I believe McD has earned the right to be away from Robles and Precin, but I don't know if they'll see it that way.

It'll be a real joke if Nicholson gets ahead of Precin/McD.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It will be a joke if Nicholson gets ahead of the returning National Champion at the weight. I honestly think it goes McD #1, Robles #2, Nicholson #3 and Precin #4. Sucks that Precin gets the #4 but Nicholson has that -0 beside his name in the loss column and so does Robles. I just don't see how McD is the returning National Champ and the Big Ten Champ and has beaten Precin twice and is not going to be the undisputed #1 seed at the National Tournament. To me if you're the returning champ at the weight and you beat the only guy who beat you in the season at your conference championship then you're the #1 seed.

This is the way I'd seed it.
    1. McD
    2. Robles
    3. Precin
    4. Nicholson

If they do decide to go by record (BS) You'll have the same semis.
    1. Robles
    2. Nicholson
    3. McD
    4. Precin

This is all because nobody wants to get stuck with robles in the semis right?
    I think thats why so many people are concerned with the seedings?
    i honestly think with Mcd winning the big10s i think he should get the #1
    returning champion with only 1 loss, to the number 2 ranked guy at the time.
    and lets not forget that robles (even though his losses were to the top 2 guys) did take 7th last year.
    so i think the returning champion gets the #1 seed with only 1 loss since then

The way I see it McD, Precin and Robles are "clearly" the best 3 wrestlers at this weight. I don't care what anyone says about Robles and Nicholson going undefeated McD deserves the 1 seed based on his performace against rated opponents. Like I said several weeks ago Robles has 1 that is right 1 win against a top 5 guy. Robles hasn't wrestled a top 5 guy since the start of the season! I think Robles needed to compete at the Midlands at the very least to see tougher competition and position himself for a 1 seed at NCAA's. McD has 3 wins against top 5 guys which in my mind tells me he has wrestled a tougher schedule than Robles. Don't get me wrong I really like Robles and think he is a great wrestler, but he should have wrestled at the Midlands! Here is how I see the seeds playing out. This is like the BCS in College Football where McD is from the Big 10 and Robles is like Boise State! Need a tougher schedule to be #1.

1. McD
    2. Robles
    3. Precin
    4. Nicholson
    5. Sanders
    Last edited by Chop; 03-07-2011 at 07:30 PM.

I don't understand how you can honostly say this! If McD gets the 1 seed you think it is a joke? He is the returning NCAA champ and had 1 loss to the 2nd rated guy. Robles hasn't wrestled ANYONE in the top 4 so how do we know how he stacks up against top guys? I think we can all agree there are 3 dominate wrestlers at this weight and then everyone else.

Personally I think it'll be a complete joke if Robles doesn't get the #1, but given how Oliver got boned over seeding wise last year to split up the Big 10 guys I expect they'll give McD the #1 and Robles the #2 which will make utterly no sense.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I don't understand how you can honostly say this!
    I explained this last week.

Robles has wrestled a better schedule from top to bottom, and he's undefeated.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I explained this last week.

Robles has wrestled a better schedule from top to bottom, and he's undefeated.
    I disagree with your assesment! He has only wrestled 1 wrestler in the top 5. Do you believe Precin is a top 5 guy?

I don't think you understand what I mean when I say "from top to bottom."
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12