Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: So is McD the 1 seed?

Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

It seems...I don't want to say unfair because that sounds whiny....how about "unjust" if McDonough and Precin lose out on seeding for the sole reason that they had to face each other 3 (and now 4, in the hypo) times while the other guys are undefeated and haven't have to face them at all.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Maybe Iowa should have gone to some bigger tournaments? Just saying...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The funny thing is this: If they give Robles the 1 seed for being undefeated, won't they have to give Nicholson the 2? He's also undefeated. That's when it really gets hairy.

So you could see a few diff scenarios

Mcd
    Robles
    Precin
    Nicholson

or
    Robles
    nicholson
    mcd
    precin

or
    robles
    mcd
    nicholson
    precin
    Each Scenario has Mcd facing Nicholson in the semis.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 03-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Maybe Iowa should have gone to some bigger tournaments? Just saying...
    And wrestling Iowa's "cream puff" schedule, McD still has wrestled tougher opposition, especially in regards to seeding. Beating Precin twice and beating Sanders is better than anything Robles has done for seeding purpose. BTW, McD was at the Midlands and so were a bunch of Arizona State guys...Robles wasn't sent, though. Weird.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

I really don't think there is any chance of McD not getting the #1 seed. I don't buy the Big Ten conspiracy theories, former champs have always gotten a ton of weight in seeding.

I'm not debating merit or anything else, but based on the previous behavior of the NCAA seeding committee McDonough will get #1.

Robles and the rest of the starters from ASU...

What won't make sense to me is if you put so much stock in the matches between McDonough and Precin that you give McDonough the #1 based off the he's the returning champ and only lost to Precin idea, and then you give Robles the #2.

I don't see how you can give Robles the #2 with Precin being a 2x AA who has only lost to McDonough if you're using the matches between Precin and McDonough to justify McDonough getting the #1.

Personally I think it'll be a complete joke if Robles doesn't get the #1, but given how Oliver got boned over seeding wise last year to split up the Big 10 guys I expect they'll give McD the #1 and Robles the #2 which will make utterly no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    so were a bunch of Arizona State guys...Robles wasn't sent, though. Weird.
    You may want to go take a look at the Midlands brackets, because this is straight up incorrect.
    Last edited by JensenS; 03-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You may want to go take a look at the Midlands brackets, because this is straight up incorrect.
    I just went and counted at least 6 guys from Arizona State. How many more do I need to qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I just went and counted at least 6 guys from Arizona State.
    Not one of whom was a starter, which is what I was getting at when I was saying your initial post insinuating that the Arizona State some how ducked McDonough and Precin was incorrect.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12