Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I really enjoyed the "Cael Sanderson will never win as a coach" Era

Default I really enjoyed the "Cael Sanderson will never win as a coach" Era

Although I'm sure there are some other posters here who enjoyed it a little more than I did.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: I really enjoyed the "Cael Sanderson will never win as a coach" Era

How many national titles has he won? I recall that he's won conference tournaments in the past but has yet to win what we all call the only tournament that matters.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Iowa and PSU both had a great Big Ten tournament. Unfortunately for them, Cornell has the best NCAA tournament team in my opinion. That will particularly be the case if Penn State only punches through seven wrestlers, though I expect Pataky to get an at-large bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    How many national titles has he won? I recall that he's won conference tournaments in the past but has yet to win what we all call the only tournament that matters.
    Little different conference tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Little different conference tournament...
    I'd say any conference with OSU in it is pretty tough to win. Remember they set the standard of which all wrestling is based on.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I'd say any conference with OSU in it is pretty tough to win. Remember they set the standard of which all wrestling is based on.
    A flip of a coin instead of the shake of a die.

I get so tired of everything getting laid on the coaches that when I read this thread I'm hoping that half the people who put too much stock in coaches will stop posting such nonsense in the future!

If, for no other reason, THAT makes this a great victory for Sanderson.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I'm not necessarily in the group this is directed at, but Cael has already won conference titles before this....
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

But those didn't count because he wasn't coaching against Tom Brands.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12