Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 2011 Big 12 Wrestling Tournament - Championships Brackets, Results

Default Re: 2011 Big 12 Wrestling Tournament - Championships Brackets, Results

Finishing out the finals results...

Perry dec Ihnen 3-2 TB

Foster dec Ward 9-5

Bradley dec Fernandez 3-1

OK State wound up taking the team title over Missouri who moved into second 77-60. OK State will need wild cards at 125 (which they'll probably get) and 285 (they probably won't).
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Patterson got hit for a penalty for pushing him off the mat, and then cut him and was unable to get the TD
    What kind of a shove was this? A Metcalf shove or something really over the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    What kind of a shove was this? A Metcalf shove or something really over the top?

Klingsheim hit a stand up and was getting out, so Patterson just pushed him out of bounds from the center of the mat before Klingsheim could get away. A fleeing the mat...sort of.

BTW, I sat close to some Oklahoma fans, not to be confused with Oklahoma State fans. The Oklahoma fans are horrible! They shout things about wrestlers that I wouldn't say to my worst enemy. They were calling for stalling calls against Burroughs, calling him "boy". Even though Caldwell was the one doing all the stalling. When we heard the term "boy", which happened more than once, my friends and I looked at each other and were speachless.

I've also never heard a fan actively call for his guy to stall like the guy sitting two rows in front of me was doing. Shouting instructions to Caldwell he was saying (in a deep OK accent) "Don't go after him Tyler! Let him come to ewe!" I bet he yelled it thirty times in between calls for stalling on Burroughs.

The reffing was pretty bad at the tournament but Oklahoma benifited from it at 125 and 165 and they still bitched about it walking to our cars the whole time. They never once mentioned the fact that they went 0-5 in the finals and didnt even get a TD. It was all the refs fault. I know not all Sooner fans are this way but the Klan that I sat by were some of the worst fans I've ever sat by at a wrestling tournament.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Klingsheim hit a stand up and was getting out, so Patterson just pushed him out of bounds from the center of the mat before Klingsheim could get away. A fleeing the mat...sort of.

BTW, I sat close to some Oklahoma fans, not to be confused with Oklahoma State fans. The Oklahoma fans are horrible! They shout things about wrestlers that I wouldn't say to my worst enemy. They were calling for stalling calls against Burroughs, calling him "boy". Even though Caldwell was the one doing all the stalling. When we heard the term "boy", which happened more than once, my friends and I looked at each other and were speachless.

I've also never heard a fan actively call for his guy to stall like the guy sitting two rows in front of me was doing. Shouting instructions to Caldwell he was saying (in a deep OK accent) "Don't go after him Tyler! Let him come to ewe!" I bet he yelled it thirty times in between calls for stalling on Burroughs.

The reffing was pretty bad at the tournament but Oklahoma benifited from it at 125 and 165 and they still bitched about it walking to our cars the whole time. They never once mentioned the fact that they went 0-5 in the finals and didnt even get a TD. It was all the refs fault. I know not all Sooner fans are this way but the Klan that I sat by were some of the worst fans I've ever sat by at a wrestling tournament.
    And I bet I know who those fans were that you were referring to, Herkey!

That one loud mouthed (bleeper) needed a rap in the head like no other person I've ever been around before! I was doing everything in my power to instantly become a Nebraska fan so "business could be taken care of."
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.