Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

Default JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

Now that everyone has chilled - here's the clip. I'm genuinely interested in what everyone's take is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UeqbDtXd-Zg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UeqbDtXd-Zg?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Default Re: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

That's a lung time out; very little doubt in my mind. He didn't even bother feigning a cramp or muscle strain. Just stood there with his hands on hips and knees; which is a classic indication of someone needing oxygen.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Default Re: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

That's pretty bad. Wow! At least shake something and have a pained look on your face.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Eric Guerrero shows ya how it's done at 7:40 of this video. I think it was an experience issue for Molinaro, hadn't practiced how to take the lung T.O.'s.

To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

You don't see his face when he goes off the mat but he obviously shakes his left shoulder as if he got a stinger or something & then you see him favoring one side, so I don't think anyone can definitively say unless you ask him.

@ :32 in the background you can see the Minny coaches up & waving their arms. I don't know why they weren't getting the refs attention if they really thought that there was a violation.

@ :49 you can hear & see Cael saying "shake it out" which you say to something who just got a stinger.

Though I've given Frank lots of flak about this incident really until the NCAA addresses the issue there's nothing that can be done. A wrestler can call time whenever he feels like it for no reason what-so-ever.

I think if there was a position choice to the opposing wrestler the first time this happens I think we'd see way fewer of these.

Wow... that was embarrassing. Just about as obvious as you can get.

I can't believe he didn't even try to fake it... no hanging shoulder, wincing, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    @ :32 in the background you can see the Minny coaches up & waving their arms. I don't know why they weren't getting the refs attention if they really thought that there was a violation.
    Because they're not dumb enough to tell a ref something that the ref could do nothing about even if it were true.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 03-01-2011 at 09:24 PM.

lunger if ive ever seen one. he's got to grab s knee or an eye or roll something around...