Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wild Predictions thread Conference/NCAA version.

Default Re: Wild Predictions thread Conference/NCAA version.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    When I said earlier this year that Anthony Robles was African American I was told otherwise that he was Hispanic. So yes, if he is African American then you can make that 5. And I think that's outstanding.
    WARNING THREAD HIJACK:

I find it interesting that in our culture if someone has a black parent that makes them African American not half white. The laws of Louisiana used to be (maybe they still are) that if you were 1/32nd Black you were called Black & I think it had something to do with interracial marriages being forbidden.

Maybe for some it is an important label, (maybe for some, it's important to be one or the other), but I don't know whatever happened to the term "Mulatto." I would bet that the majority of Americans born of African descent have @ least 1/32 white blood in them. Do we really care? IF so I will start a new thread to discuss it.

Btw, what do Barack Obama, Derick Jeter & Blake Griffin have in common? All 3 had a "Black" Dad & a "White" Mom. I think it's funny how the media treats them all differently.

And Also, the populations of Latin America are literally filled with "Black Hispanics." But we don't hear them referred to as "Black" but Latin.

* Chris Perry follows in his brother's footsteps and makes the finals as a freshman
    * Mack Lewnes beats everyone comfortably on his way to the title
    * Kevin LaValley "Of The Dolls" wins 149
    * A couple of the red-hot freshman don't AA, I'm thinking Ruth right now
    * Jimmy Kennedy surrenders no TDs at a loaded 141 in the Big Ten & NCAAs to win it all

Yeah, thats a can of worms for another thread. I would call an individual by his name and not really care what his nationality was. I am 1/2 irish, 1/4 english, 1/4 scottish. I like to be called C.J.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I like the Jimmy Kennedy pick.

I think he's the forgotten variable in all of this.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I like how VA has a really hard time validating anyone else's opinion or agreeing with another opinion. He should make VERY interesting marriage fodder.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

What are you even talking about? I just agreed with Gantrys opinion about Kennedy. How is that "having a hard time agreeing with anothers opinion?"

Well to be fair, I am the smartest person in the universe. Lets all agree on that and call it a day...

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    What are you even talking about? I just agreed with Gantrys opinion about Kennedy. How is that "having a hard time agreeing with anothers opinion?"
    Thats because you happen to share his opinion. Just my opinioin, but you don't have to agree with it.

Someone should find the "wild predictions" thread that I(at least i think it was me) started this summer(i think) so we can compare and share a laugh. I want to see what I wrote.