Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please God Let these matches happen...

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Please God Let these matches happen...

Kyle Dake v Darrion Caldwell (Actually I don't think Dake makes it to Caldwell. A 1-0 win over Molinaro and a 2-0 win against Jantzen are his only good wins this year).

Bubba Jenkins vs David Taylor (I don't want to deal with the crap speculation....just let it be formally answered).

Robles vs McD (Can McD win this the first time facing?)

Grey vs Oliver (Did they ever wrestle before? Mike Grey I think is the one guy that can go with Oliver....maybe)

Asper vs Burroughs

Anyone in the top 3 @ 174 (Particularly Ruth vs Reader....also has a Penn State vs Iowa State thing)

Kilgore vs Simaz 2
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Default Re: Please God Let these matches happen...

I really want to see Darrion v. Dake the most. I've felt all along a healthy Caldwell just embarasses Dake, but who knows with this injury. I think Dake has been very unspectacular this year though he has continued to have a good record.

Bubba v. DT will be great just because it will be a great measurement of how much better DT has gotten in a year. I personally think DT could bonus him. I just hope it happens.

I have a hard time predicting any Robles matches, so who really knows how that will go.

I just don't see anyone beating JO this year, but Grey has never been short on talent. It will be a good one to see. I think I'd rather see Long v. JO and Graff v. JO again than Grey.

I think Burroughs embarasses Asper, so I'm not terribly interested in seeing that.

Killer v. Simaz will not disappoint because they both wrestle hard and look to score constantly.

Ruth v. Reader I hope happens in the finals because I believe they are the two best in the weight.

Even though It may disappoint me I still want to see Burroughs v. Howe again.

Another one I think will be interesting DT v. Fittery-Two wide open guys who score tons of points. To a lesser extent I'd like to see DT v. Hall. More than anything I just like watching Taylor wrestle.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Burroughs/Howe, Caldwell/Dake, Taylor/Fittery (or Jenkins or Hall), McDunough/Robles... seems like if all the stars alight, all the most talked about matchups of the year could easily happen in the National Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Kyle Dake v Darrion Caldwell (Actually I don't think Dake makes it to Caldwell. A 1-0 win over Molinaro and a 2-0 win against Jantzen are his only good wins this year).

Bubba Jenkins vs David Taylor (I don't want to deal with the crap speculation....just let it be formally answered).

Robles vs McD (Can McD win this the first time facing?)

Grey vs Oliver (Did they ever wrestle before? Mike Grey I think is the one guy that can go with Oliver....maybe)

Asper vs Burroughs

Anyone in the top 3 @ 174 (Particularly Ruth vs Reader....also has a Penn State vs Iowa State thing)

Kilgore vs Simaz 2
    I don't think Taylor vs Jenkins will happen unless it's in the consolations which I doubt. With Jenkins losing to Hall at Pac-10's he will almost certainly be 4th seed and paired in semis with Fittery. If Hall beats Taylor then Taylor and Jenkins could meet in consi's but I doubt it.

I like Howe vs Burroughs better. From what I hear, Howe should be pretty much back to normal. A rematch would be great.

Dake hasn't been as impressive this year, but I think he rises for the NCAA's. A Dake-Caldwell match would be great (even though I'd like to see Molinaro get there)

A Simaz-Kilgore rematch could be great (wasn't it something like 9-8 the first time?)--but I think Brandvold will make it the finals.

174 should be exciting before the finals with a lot of guys in the mix. But Reader-Ruth has the most interest as they've not met yet (unlike most of the others). Plus their style is very different.

Should be some great action!

Simaz-Kilgore part one was awesome. One of the rare matches with the big guys that was wrestled with speed and at 100% the whole time. Those two are my favorite big dudes, they just go after whoever they have in front of them.

Grey has a good shot at JO, he's been wrestling as good as I've ever seen him since he's come back. Would be surprised if he doesn't AA this year.

Dake/DC...I've been saying all year that DC rips him a new one but my predictions tend to be pretty shitty. I just see DC getting in on Dake's legs from neutral with relative ease. The scrambling in this match-up would be downright awesome.

I think DT is just plain better than anyone in his class, Fittery included. He may be the second best guy overall right now behind Burroughs. The guy seems to use something new or grows technically every week.

Not sure what to think of Burroughs-Howe right now. Injury is never a good thing especially when you have to face a guy like Burroughs but maybe the time off has given Howe a recharge. After all, he is looking awesome right now...

I personally would also like to see Reader v Ruth

DT/Fittery
    Burroughs/Howe
    Oliver/Graff
    McD/Robles
    in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Who are Caldwell's best wins? Either way, Dake also has wins over Napoli, Nick Stabile, Danny Zilverburg (by major), and Brian Stephens (by major) as quality wins.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Who are Caldwell's best wins? Either way, Dake also has wins over Napoli, Nick Stabile, Danny Zilverburg (by major), and Brian Stephens (by major) as quality wins.
    Brent Metcalf x2(once by fall), Lance Palmer x2 (once by fall), Kyle Ruschell, Bryce Saddoris, Jamal Parks
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Wow.

He beat all of those guys just this year?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12