Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

Default JROB reprimanded by Big 10

Big Ten issues reprimand of Robinson for comments

Seems JROB took issue with a LUNG T.O.....

Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

As he should.

Just callin' a spade a spade.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It was a lung time out, I don't think you can even start to argue it.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

It isn't so what he was objecting to as HOW he objected to it...

I like that he called him out publicly. It might make Cael(and any other coaches) less apt to let their guys use it, which imo is good for the sport. I think if J Rob goes through "the proper channels" it's much less effective. If Cael "turned him in" for saying that, it's pretty hilarious. I don't know how that process works though.

I liked how he objected to it and I think it's good for the sport when coaches call each other out like that.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

JRob should have embarrased Bael even more than what he stated publically. I dont like the idea of attacking athletes, so the coach has to take the flack. The fact is that Lungers are an embarrasment to the sport and to the integrity of the sport. I hate to watch kids take Lungers, who are obviously not hurt (Molinaro), and then come out guns blazing for the next minute or two after taking his Lunger.

If other coaches, media, etc... make the coaches accountable and make them feel shame for what they enforce, or turn their heads away from, we can stop this crap.

I'm all for what JRob did. If a rule is being abused I don't see any reason for a coach to not call them out on it.

I'm by no means a JRob or Minny fan but I got to respect that he called em out on that one.

I have no beef with Cael or PSU or JRob or Minnesota. I thought his comments were spot on though and I don't really understand why he got reprimanded for them. There was no cursing or abuse of an official. It might have sparked a rivalry, too. Rivalries are good for the sport.