Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cayle Byers transfers to Iowa

Default Re: Cayle Byers transfers to Iowa

Personally, I love the way we defend wrestlers who get into trouble ... now we're blaming a stricter policy as why it's not a questionable move?

I've been to GMU countless times. I don't buy this "stricter policy" B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    I heard he wasn't just kicked off the team, he was booted out of school. A little different scenario than just being "suspended" or "kicked off the team." To me, being kicked out of school is much more problematic in the eyes of a transfer and that acceptance.

What I haven't seen is the typical criticism of such moves when they were made by PSU, Oklahoma State, Edinboro. Generally, Hawk fans are passing it off as a "boys will be boys" type of thing. I honestly think if he would have ended up at PSU, the Black/Gold crew would be crucifying everything about it.

Just my two cents.
    That was my hypothesis as well...

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    No matter where he goes that team takes flak. I agree that some hawk fans would be all over psu fans if byers went there.
    Ok now I KNOW I am not crazy. Thanks Vais I can die in peace & move on...as I have said I hope the kid learns & does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Factory51 View Post
    The fact GM has stricter policy and kicked him out vs suspending him is not more problematic IMO. What Long did was actually worse than what Byers did kicked out or not. Half the crap PSU would get out of a situation like this would be related to Sanderson's morally superior persona he likes to throw around.
    Ah there it is...

I think I remember joking about this when he got kicked out earlier in the year and now it happens.

Good pick up for Iowa.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I sure Marion will take him under his wing and and set him straight on attending classes, academic eligibility, underage drinking, starting fights, getting arrested, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMEN View Post
    I sure Marion will take him under his wing and and set him straight on attending classes, academic eligibility, underage drinking, starting fights, getting arrested, etc.
    Me sure too.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Personally, I love the way we defend wrestlers who get into trouble ... now we're blaming a stricter policy as why it's not a questionable move?

I've been to GMU countless times. I don't buy this "stricter policy" B.S.

Your said it was more problematic because he was kicked out of school. My point is the actual act that was comitted by Byers was in fact no worse and actually less severe that the what Long did regardless of the response of the legal authorities and perspective schools involved. You can call this move questionable all you want and depending on ones view you could be correct but it is no more so than many other cases.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Ah there it is...
    I'll add that right or wrong when someone presents the moral high ground image and then makes a move that would appear to contradict that image (especially at an area of obvious need) then they look a bit hypocrital and should expect to catch some flack on it. No one is going to blame Sanderson for trying to win but don't act like your above others and then do the same things they do when it suits your needs.